If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The way I learn

edited 2012-08-17 13:34:58 in Meatspace
No rainbow star
I learn most things best by doing. This is great, but when it comes to, say, learning to program, it sucks

Sure, I can do some of the simple stuff. But that's because people SHARE the simple stuff. I can look at the code and change random things to see how it works. But something like a game gets a lot harder as people guard the sort of features I'd like to figure out more carefully

Hell, even a somewhat secure account feature is beyond me. I could figure out how to make a simple battle system with some semblance of AI for the opponent, but something like a login system is beyond me

Blah

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

As general advice, I wouldn't recommend making your first game an online deal.

• No rainbow star
    ^ I need to pick up some programming experience. Planning to start with Java (specifically going to try Minecraft mods so that I have a base to work off of and learn). This is just one example though
  • edited 2012-08-17 13:39:08

In fact, your first game probably shouldn't even be one where you'd ever use the term "battle system" when talking about it, unless it's like an RPG Maker game or something.

• No rainbow star
    ^ I was referring back to an attempt of mine on a calculator (It was innefficient, but it worked)