If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I feel like the only sane driver in California.

edited 2012-08-17 04:16:00 in Meatspace
My arms are falling off!

I don't mind speeding a little (i.e. +5 MPH) on city streets, but I've noticed that whenever I ride with most people, they seem to have a fetish for, say, going 60 in a 40, and that's during the daytime when there are actually cars on the road. And to say nothing of curves.

Then there's the highway. I actually rarely go well above 65, mostly for fuel economy reasons, while my friends like to do 80-90. Once, my friend and I were traveling around in separate cars, and I was pushing my car harder than I normally do just trying to keep up. Whenever I'm driving and I go 65, sometimes I worry that I'm bogging my friends down.

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I usually find it relatively safe to go about +5 or +10.  +10 you start to feel uncomfortable if the speed limit is there for road curvature reasons.  +20 is not safe.

• I'm in Los Angeles and I'm glad I don't own a car.

• edited 2012-08-17 11:07:35
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Sometimes I'll go 40-ish in a 30, or 65+ in a 55, but that's generally due to a combination of knowing the area and staying with the flow of traffic. +20 outside the highway (and maybe even on the highway) is inexcusably stupid.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2012-08-17 15:55:32

You probably ARE the only sane driver in California.

This is also the same state that pulled over my dad twice in one day under identical conditions; once for speeding, and once for impeding traffic.