If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Salted roasted sunflower seeds come with...MSG?

edited 2012-08-14 15:44:32 in Meatspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Yep.

Check your local supermarket.

Look for something like "roasted sunflower seeds" or something.  Make sure it's unsalted.  Look at its ingredients.

Now look for something like "roasted sunflower seeds, salted".  Look at its ingredients.  You'll magically find monosodium glutamate.

Move over, mockery of Chinese cuisine.  MSG is everywhere.  (And not actually harmful anyway.)

Comments

• I never really understood what the big deal about MSG was. Why do we all get in a tizzy over it?

Is it like thought to cause cancer or something?
  • a little muffled

People reported feeling weird after eating Chinese food; MSG was arbitrarily blamed for it. As far as I know there haven't been any actual studies linking MSG to anything scary.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Some people are allergic to it I think but plenty of people are allergic to citrus or nuts and nobody freaks out about those being widespread.
  • Well, MSG has a name that's hard to pronounce which means that it's obviously evil, while salt comes from the Anglo-Saxon so of course it can't be bad!

• ^ Best logic ever I did see.