If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

How people can come up with completely different solutions for some brain teasers

edited 2012-08-11 22:27:53 in IJAM
No rainbow star

Was reading a bunch of them and saw a bunch of comments on one where you are sentenced to die and get to choose between a room filled with raging fires, a room full of armed murderers, and a room with lions that haven't eaten in three years

They pointed out that the murderer room would be better because they likely wouldn't have any qualms with you and you could organize a huge escape with them, while the lion room would lead to you starving to death

I can just imagine the riddle giver flipping out and telling them no :D

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

The murderers were probably hired by the state to act as executioners.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I'd pick the lion room, since the lions are all dead.
  • edited 2012-08-11 22:35:02
    No rainbow star

^^ Yeah, I'd assume something like a promise that the one who kills the guy gets fully pardoned and set free or something

Still hilarious to read, though

• edited 2012-08-11 22:34:56
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

^^ Yeah, but as pointed, that would lead you to eventually starve to death. The murderers are the best bet, as then, you have a chance to get out eventually.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^Starvation is slow. I'd try to figure out a way out on my own. I can make tools out of lion bones.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

It's slow, but you only have a couple of days before the hunger grows debilitating.

Personally, I'd take my chances with the murderers. If I can't convince them to let me escape, at least it would be relatively quick.

• No rainbow star

Thinking about it, do we have a riddles thread?

• Depending on what the riddle means by "armed", you might make more useful tools inside the murderers' room.

• No rainbow star

^ The version they were commenting on was fully loaded guns (although they didn't say what kind of guns...)

• Depending on the room's lock, you might get to take one apart, use its springs to pick locks (presumably, one of the murderers knows how) and have an armed break out.

Though if it were that simple the murderers would've probably done that already.