If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I just upgraded to Firefox 12

edited 2012-08-02 23:14:30 in Webspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

and now the font displayed on this forum is messed up.  It's a lot narrower for some reason.

I also spent about 20 times the amount of time I took to upgrade Firefox, trying to recustomize it to look the way i like it to.  Upgrading took a few minutes at most; recustomization took about an hour.

Oh, the thing that finally got me to upgrade Firefox?  It was crashing after every time I closed it.

Good things about Firefox 12:

1. It doesn't crash after I close it.

2. I probably haven't tried them yet, but it probably supports a few newer web features.

3. It has native ways to show the back, forward, stop, reload, and home buttons.

4. Add-ons manager uses a separate tab rather than a pop-up window to work with add-ons.

Bad things about it:

1. It threw "open in new window" to the fourth menu item on the hyperlink context menu.  This was solved by the Menu Editor extension.

2. Back/forward drop-down menu arrow was removed.  This was partly solved by the Back/Forward Dropmarker extension...but I still don't have separate back and forward drop-down menus.

3. Go Classic extension became outdated.  This was partly taken over by built-in customization features.

4. Screengrab extension became outdated.

Currently looking for a cookies manager.  I had Extended Cookie Manager 0.9 back when I used Firefox 3.6, and even then it was buggy and incompatible with something else.

Would you recommend Advanced Cookie Manager or https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/cookies-manager-plus/ Cookie Manager+?  I'm mostly looking just to have a convenient way to look up what cookies a site has set, and possibly delete them or otherwise fuck with them.

Comments

• Cookie Manager+ is pretty boss. I think that it has all that you are looking for.
  • No rainbow star

Huh? My "About" says 14.0.1 and it has the back and forward lists natively

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Okay, grabbing Cookie Manager+.  Both seem like they'd do more than I'm looking for.

I should probably uninstall one or more extensions that don't seem to work very effectively, actually.  Classic (Small) Toolbar Buttons seems to be pretty ineffective in light of various other customizations I've made so I'll probably uninstall that one.