If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Am I overthinking this?

edited 2012-08-01 06:54:22 in General
There is love everywhere, I already know

Younha - Run

We start with Younha in the middle of a dark scene with lights flashing. What are those lights? It's cameras flashing. A while back, Younha was involved in a scandal with her record company and eventually she had to switch companies but went on a lengthy hiatus before coming back. I believe these lights are the flashing cameras of the paparazzi and the reporters who payed them, who came and took her fame, and more importantly, her music, and turns it into something she no longer liked. She just stands there motionless, not wanting to make a wrong move, but eventually her emotions overcome her and instead of scared she becomes angry at them and depressed, so she begins to run. Of course they give chase and we see the cameras flash behind her. But we also see a large swash of white fly across the screen. That I believe is Younha's budding depression.

We see lots of things thrown towards Younha, but they never hit her. That's because those things are part of her daily life, she has to go on lest she not eat, sleep and then eventually die, so she does them while avoiding the paparazzi that surround her daily life primed to use those things against her. She doesn't give up.

Then, she eventually does. She stops, she can no longer take it and she's instantly shot at by a flash of light. The camera, the press, has actually damaged her. We see her split into many different Younha's; this is her portrayal in the media "Younha is just a poor soul we should leave alone", "Younha is a lying coniving witch", "Younha doesn't care about her fans" are all totally plausible headlines on a multitude of news sites. Each of those personalities isn't Younha, which is why it's not the original splitting, it's just new images showing up. Eventually the press stops and Younha learns her lesson, we see her look to the sky sadly, she can't make the slightest mistake unless she wants that to happen again, she falls to the ground, crying about never being able to express herself honestly since her words will be twisted and used against her, but she eventually regains her resolve and continues to run from the press.

Sadly it gets worse, the press hound her more and more as the case regains steam, she has to run faster than ever. Eventually we see her overcome her fear and express herself again, jumping high into the air and emulating a scene from ET. This is probably one of her favoraite movies and this scene expresses the freedom she felt when she saw it for the first time. She builds on this moment and that's what allows her to confront the reporters.

It gets even worse, as she opens her eyes after smiling she sees a hole in the ground and her expression hardens, representing her emotions after the press have had a field day with what she'd given them. Suddenly there are many Younha's again (The press is portraying her in a multitude of ways) and the things she uses in her daily life have been turned against her. She can't believe that they would do this to her, especially after making her feelings very clear and she finally sinks into depression.

But the real Younha outruns them all, she seeks help in real life and is treated for her depression. The machine on her back is the medicine she's given that propels her back to the way she used to be; happy and free. It's not over yet though, the swash of light from earlier appears again, this time it's solidified into a monster, almost like a hand. The press is trying to pull her back and that's caused her depression to get stronger, but she doesn't let it get the better of her. She runs, smiling. This time it's towards mental health, every step she takes is a landmine for the monster. She's beating the press and her depression at the same time.

She's happy again in the light that sparkles and shines with happiness. Her music, she's found it again. In the end, she's taken on the rabid press and unlike many other stars, found happiness in her music and loyal fans.

So, is this plausible or absolutely insane?

Comments

• I'm a damn twisted person

Well the most important question is do the lyrics themselves support this sort of feeling?

• edited 2012-08-01 11:42:43

Yes, if I assume the chorus is about Younha singing to herself and she meets a love interest towards the end of the song (Either that or she's learned to be independent and express herself without fear again).

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Murr... now I need to find a version with English subs to try to make up my mind.
  • edited 2012-08-01 12:48:18

The one I posted does (turn on the closed captioning).