If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This Obama-bashing thing about gasoline and illegal immigration and stuff

edited 2012-07-30 23:36:10 in Politics
yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I considered about a dozen different ways to open this thread, but I can't really come up with anything that makes this any stupider than it already is.

I don't know if it's satire or not, what bothers me more is that I've seen this at least a half-dozen times on my Facebook wall, reposted by assorted people. 

Comments

• edited 2012-07-30 23:38:54
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

D:<

Every sentence made me think it had reached peak stupidity, but it just kept getting worse...

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I like that it's labeled "The Cowboy Solution to save Gasoline".

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

At first I thought it was a joke but then I became less and less sure.

• edited 2012-07-30 23:41:05

^^Well, cowboys have a long history of white supremacist implications, so that makes sense.

It makes me think that it's either (as mentioned) satire, or it was written by one of those people who wears a ten gallon hat and calls himself "a real cowboy". 

• Have fun flying a hundred thousand planes to Afghanistan, guys, that totally won't take up any gasoline at all because airplanes fly on dreams and fairy dust

• I think they want to ship them to Afghanistan this way:

Illegal Immigrants, grab my shotgun!

*grab*

IGNORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCE! 

• Ya'know, since there's a recruitment shortage anyway, the notion of a foreign legion construct is perhaps something worth speculating on. Not that anyone of those hurr-imma-cowboy peeps should have any say in the matter.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

I found a worse thing.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

I'm pretty sure it's (bad) satire.

• You can change. You can.

I dunno, by the end it does sound like it's full of conviction. It does start very satire-like though.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

If it's satire, then it's really dedicated satire.

We must secure America now for the safety of our Aryan women and children

• No rainbow star

Am I the only one having issues seeing this as anywhere near the dumbest idea (except for the second last item on the list) out there?

Not saying there aren't much better ideas, but considering what the US CURRENTLY does, it seems well thought out and reasonable to me

Maybe I've read too many stories on the stupidity of the states...

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

considering what the US CURRENTLY does, it seems well thought out and reasonable to me

?

Are you saying the US is currently doing something worse than enslaving people on the basis of race and forcing them to fight in wars?

Because I mean, I'm not claiming that this country is the best one ever or anything, but it isn't that bad.

^^I cannot imagine you live here if you genuinely think that this is what goes on over here.

^He doesn't; he's Canadian.

Okay, yeah.

Current immigration law in the United States is pretty messed up, but it is nowhere near on the level of what is described in that list. Like, nowhere near. 

• No rainbow star

^^^^ I read it as giving the option of either joining the US forces or immigrating legally

Guess I misread it?

Nnnno, it is suggesting that in order to immigrate legally you'd have to join the US armed forces.

• edited 2012-07-31 22:09:38

^Not even that. It's suggesting that anyone in the US borders who is not a citizen should be kidnapped and forced to join the US armed forces.

That too.

• No rainbow star

^^ Ah, ok

NOW I see the issues with it...

Also, whenever they say "illegal immigrant" they really mean "everyone who's not white."

• Lol, believes Obama has put a stop on black-bag-over-the-face antics. She could really use one herself, would make the advert a lot easier on the eyes.

Also, whenever they say "illegal immigrant" they really mean "everyone who's not white."

That often goes without saying. 

• edited 2012-08-01 04:21:48
    No rainbow star
    Also, whenever they say "illegal immigrant" they really mean "everyone who's not white and so conservative that they ignore all rationality."

Fixed that for you
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> The best way to stop using so much gasoline is to deport 15 million illegal immigrants.  That would be 15 million less people using our gas.

Protip: Free-market economics and multinational oil companies say that's not our gas.  It's just gas, sold to whever will pay a little bit more than the market price at the time.

> The price of gas would come down...

No, they'd just use it elsewhere, and since oil is a commodity traded across borders, the price of gas wouldn't fall, since they're just buying it elsewhere.

Now, on the other hand, if you advocated killing all those 15 million illegal immigrants, then yes, the price of gas might fall a little bit.  Keep in mind, though, that would only be a drop in the bucket.  You'd be killing 15/70000 or about 0.02% of the world's population; enjoy your one-cent decrease in the price of gas.  And the blood of 15 million people on your hands.

> When they catch an illegal immigrant crossing the border, hand him a canteen, rifle and some ammo and ship him to Afghanistan...

Congratulations!  Al Qaeda would love your new recruiting strategy.  Your forces are now undertrained, less loyal, and more likely to defect.  They could use some help, as always.

Also, I thought you were talking about illegal immigrants already in the U.S., not ones newly entering.

Also, you need a comma after "rifle".

> Give him a soldier's pay

GG on subsidizing the opium trade over there.

> If they refuse to serve, ship them to Afghanistan anyway, without the canteen, rifle or ammo

Well, say hello to Al Qaeda Convoys #315, #316, and #317.

And you still need a comma after "rifle".

> If you think this is a good solution to both the problems, thumb this up

No, you should kill off the 15 million existing illegal immigrants, then encourage Al Qaeda and the Taliban to immigrate illegally, and have an excuse to kill them too.

Well, at least, if you don't mind killing 15 million people.

Well, say hello to Al Qaeda Convoys #315#316, and #317.

That didn't even occur to me among all the other stupidity. Now that I think about it, this would pretty much be like if Nazi Germany had recruited most of its army out of the concentration camps.