If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I wrote down a URL eight years ago and I don't know what it contained

edited 2012-07-24 12:54:05 in Webspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

The text scribbled at an angle on a formula sheet from a class I took eight years ago is as follows:

angelfire grrl pallas goddess welcome.htm

Unfortunately, http://www.angelfire.com/grrl/pallas/goddess/welcome.htm does not exist.  I can get as far as angelfire.com/grrl/ but pallas does not exist beyond that.

Comments

• That is certainly a mystery.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Not even Wayback Machine has anything past grrl.

• a little muffled

Maybe you spelled it wrong so long ago?

.html doesn't work.

• a little muffled

I was more thinking that "pallas" was a misspelling.

• edited 2012-07-24 15:39:31
    Tech support

The wayback machine does have this url stored http://www.angelfire.com/grrl/pallasgoddess/Welcome.htm

I would link to the page on the wayback machine but the forum's url parser screws it up.

• a little muffled

Oh, that would do it.

Let's see what sorts of embarrassing weirdness lie in the archived version of that webpage.

(I knew "pallas" was correct because that's indeed the name of a goddess in Roman mythology.)

Hmmm...interesting.

I recognize it, but I can't put a firm finger on the context.

This looks to be the very old (and rather juvenile, in web design style) webpage of someone I knew in college.  I definitely recognize this quote:

No, I carefully select my pictures of fools :)

However, what I don't recognize is the two pages that reference the Gundam series.  While anime wasn't really on my radar back then (and I still don't know Gundam even today), it would still have stood out to me in what was otherwise a few webpages containing a girl's high school prom and skiing pictures.  But I don't remember associating this particular person with Gundam at all.