If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Textbook "used" stickers/pricetags (or rather, their glue)

edited 2012-07-23 21:54:15 in Meatspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

This is some of the most sticky and disgusting and hard-to-remove glue EVER.

Actually, even the small yellow USED stickers aren't as bad.

The big white barcode/pricetag/usedtag stickers are extremely obnoxious.  Once they're plastered onto a book, expect to never take it back off, or spend many, many hours removing the residual glue.

Comments

• I'm a damn twisted person

You know when this is the most fun? On used comics, that are then pressed together onto a bookshelf with a lot of other comics. Sometimes trying to pull out one comic from my shelf has resulted in pulling out several. Because that fucking glue just wont ever come off.

• No rainbow star

Guys

Let some dust build up somewhere, then stick the gluey part on the dust

• I'm a damn twisted person
    You want us to glue dust to our books? That just means the ugly rectangle is now even filthier.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

The glue is no longer sticky then, though.

• No rainbow star

^ And then you can pick it at your leisure

• Why are you removing it, anyway >_>

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Because it's (1) aesthetically disgusting and (2) annoyingly sticking to everything.

• Glue like this is so annoying.

God hep you if you accidentally rip off part of the sticker while taking it off of whatever. Then you've got either glue-y parts or torn paper-y parts, both of which are ugly.

I had to scrub off some ripped sticker paper/glue with a Brillo pad sponge from an old container of Romano cheese last week. Christ that thing was annoying. Two runs in the dishwasher and it still wasn't coming off. Stupid glue.
  • edited 2012-07-25 12:01:27

I've actually developed a pretty good skill of peeling off stickers very slowly because of that.

However, that only makes it easier to get the paper off in one piece; doesn't do anything about the glue.

• edited 2013-03-03 12:56:59

Did I ever make a thread about how annoying these things are?

...apparently, yes, I have.

My latest textbook is sticking to half of my papers.