If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Chicken noodle soup when you have a bad cold.

edited 2012-07-20 20:24:17 in IJAM

I've had a very bad cold for the past few days now.

I've been taking vitamin C supplements, decongestants, cough drops, the whole shebang.

And yet nothing I've done relieves the discomfort of a cold better than a bowl of chicken soup. I find this both incredibly annoying and absolutely amazing at the same time.

Comments

• You can change. You can.

Always weirds the shit out of me too. 

• I'm a damn twisted person
    It helps clear out your throat and sinuses and then helps warm the rest of your body I think.
  • JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Spicy foods are really good for clearing out your sinuses, particularly wasabi. But that would be just plain weird in chicken soup...

• I'm a damn twisted person
    I'd eat that if folks could work out the right amount if wasabi to go in the chicken noodle soup.
  • JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

I mean, it's possible to make a good soup with chicken broth and wasabi, but you would have to take into account the other ingredients fairly carefully so as to not botch the whole thing royally.

Also, it would have to be real wasabi, not that milquetoast fake stuff that you get in cheap sushi packets.