If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Holy shit, this is steep

edited 2012-07-11 14:45:23 in Meatspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

St. Stephens United Methodist Church, Marble Hill, Manhattan, New York City, USA

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

?

It's not that bad. I mean, that's a weird spot to put a building, but that isn't all that steep.

• Well, it's a church, it has to have a steep-le.

• Meh, San Francisco has worse.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

I've seen waaaaay worse.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I live around some steeper hills. 

Fun fact: When I was in high school, I walked up one of those hills every day on my way home from the train station. With a full bag -- all my textbooks, supplies and everything. 

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^In the snow? Both ways?

• ^^ Barefooted?

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Also, there were velociraptors. 

• edited 2012-07-11 16:02:16
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

In order to get to both my grade and high school, I had to walk more than a kilometer uphill. In snow, even. I'm used to it.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

15 MILES IN THE SNOW, UPHILL, BOTH WAYS

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

When I was in high school, I walked up one of those hills every day on my way home from the train station. With a full bag -- all my textbooks, supplies and everything. 

During my first year at Georgia Tech, I had to walk up a hill referred to as "Freshman Hill" every day to get from the freshman dorms to the main part of campus. I'd say it was at about 30-35 degrees. The one in the photo only looks like fifteen or something.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

15 MILES IN THE SNOW, UPHILL, BOTH WAYS

My grandparents literally had to do that to get to school.

Also, I've been to Romania some two years ago. Among other localities, I've been to a small, authentically preserved late medieval town called Sighisoara. The town's school is located on a hill high above the town, which is only reachable through a 175-steps long tunnel staircase named the Scholar's Stairs.

The tunnel looks like this:

stairs

My legs felt all wonky once I was up, and I can imagine the suffering of those poor sods who have to walk the stairs every day.

• edited 2012-07-11 16:18:17
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

All I can muster is "damn cool" right now. I'm sure when the sparkles in my eyes clear I'll be able to convey some sympathy for those students. 

• 4 words: Great Wall of China. You're practically climbing the fucking thing.