If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The race car

edited 2012-07-11 12:14:27 in Meatspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

It's a gas-guzzling vehicle designed for going around in circles at breakneck (sometimes literally) speeds, and not much else.

Comments

• You can change. You can.

is

glenn

breaking his own snowclone rule

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

There's already another snowclone about this?

Then again, i didn't actually check the "The race card." thread.  Maybe I should go do that.

• You can change. You can.

no, what i meant is the part where there is an snowclone without much debate besides the punny title

• edited 2012-07-11 12:43:57
    Has friends besides tanks now

^ One snowclone is allowed per original topic. If someone now went and made, say, "The lace car" (because apparently those exist), they'd probably be breaking the rules, or something. I dunno, I can't think of any _ace car(d) names that could even feasibly be used for puns.

• edited 2012-07-11 12:42:52
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Also, I favor more lax rules on snowclones, but I was overruled by the rest of my mod team. :P

Anyway, I think the current rule is that you can't make more than one snowclone thread.

Now if you want to make a thread whose title seems like a snowclone but is supposed to be a legit thread on its own, then it's probably advised you wait a bit, or make it really clear that it's not a snowclone.  I don't think this has ever happened for real yet.

(Note that forcing it to happen for real would constitute making a snowclone, albeit in the guise of something that's not a snowclone, so that would be against the rule anyway.)

• a little muffled

@Everest: How about just "the ace card"? Friggin' aces, pretending to be high cards when they're really supposed to be ones...

• I think this is the first time a thread of mine has gotten a snowclone.

:)

• edited 2012-07-11 16:40:10
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Anyway, I think the current rule is that you can't make more than one snowclone thread

More than one contentless snowclone thread. If it's a legitimate thread that happens to have a pun for a title, that's okay.

• edited 2012-07-11 16:50:03
    smote

I dunno, I can't think of any _ace car(d) names that could even feasibly be used for puns.

It could be a blackjack thread about face cards.