If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Server Move Imminent (for real this time)

edited 2012-07-07 08:23:50 in IJBM meta
The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

NOTICE: The site will be going offline shortly to initiate a server move.  If you notice posts or anything else go missing in transit, it's probably due to the changeover.  I'll post again here later when everything is moved.

I'll do the backup in about 7 mins or so, which is about 45 after.

(this was in the suggestion box, but figured it'd be more visible as it's own topic; I'll unsticky this after the move) 

Comments

• The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

Actually, cancel that for now; the importer on the new server is being bitchy.

• No rainbow star

How is it being bitchy?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    sure
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Longer but less great AMV:

• edited 2012-07-06 09:04:25

The importer decided to not import (sub)domains of various other accounts, which we later found out was due to not having an expensive enough license for the new panel, so he'll have to go about sorting things out with it tomorrow.

And we're back.  If you're reading this, you're on the new server.

As an update, the importer issues are fixed (sort of, but I can manually fix what it doesn't do right), so I'll be doing the move in about 20 minutes from now or so, just as fair warning :P

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Thanks for the warning, UE~

• Thanks then.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Maybe I'll actually be productive for once.

• edited 2012-07-07 03:17:32

The move itself should be short if things go according to plan, and I'll throw an index page on the old serv to (try) and stop new posts during the move

EDIT: also, there's a known time quirk; I haven't worked out what's causing it yet, but timestamps should fix themselves this time whenever I find out what's causing it. 

• Kichigai birthday!!

I still can't access the mobile site and my avatar is broken.

• edited 2012-07-07 15:39:07

1) your phone might not have gotten the updated dns; do you get a message about the server move/how to flush your dns on it?

2) just fixed that, go ahead and give it a go. 

EDIT: huh, it seems the time corrected itself.  I like when things fix themselves for a change. 

• Kichigai birthday!!

I still get the "you gotta flush the DNS" message sometimes in my computer, even after having done it several times. I tried deleting my browser cache and cookies as well.

• edited 2012-07-07 19:09:47

Just got some word on the mobile site:

19:03:36 ~Haruko | also, let that person know, mobile dns is diff
    19:03:43 ~Haruko | can take up to 24 hours to propagate.

As for getting the message on your comp, I had that happen last night too. I figured it was just 5am getting to me :P I just shut down the old server's dns server, so maybe that'll stop it from being wonky.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I'm having the opposite problem, the mobile site is working but the normal one is still showing a "server not found" error.

The DNS issues should work themselves out within the next day or two; if you want you can try changing your DNS resolvers to either google's or opendns's nameservers; typically they work better anyway.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

So are we back now?

I was wonderin' what was going on. 

• Fuck DNS issues.

As the server owner said: 'dns issues are getting tiresome'.  Regardless, they should be sorted out now.

• edited 2012-07-08 14:26:36
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

And magically, they are now for me.

Should I switch to OpenDNS anyway?

• edited 2012-07-09 04:06:04

Can't hurt; generally it's (and other public DNS) are faster to update compared to ISP provided DNS

EDIT: I'll probably unsticky this in a day or two (whenever I remember) since everything seems to be sane now.