If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM: That feeling of wistful emptiness after you finish a good book.

edited 2012-07-05 13:20:39 in Media
I hate that.

Oh, but I love it so...

Comments

• a little muffled

I rarely get this.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

After I finished the Archive Binge of Gunnerkrigg Court, I needed several days to get out of the "feeling weirdly escapist" phase.

• This feeling is exactly why I leave some buffer space between books. I feel drained after finishing a story, so I never start the next book until the next day.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Once I finished reading Ulysses for the first time, I felt this, even though I didn't understand much of it. I also felt hungry for gorgonzola, for some reason.

• edited 2012-07-06 07:19:19
    I'm a damn twisted person
    Solution! Become a fan of various serialized stories, where there will never be an ending until the creator gets bored or the people producing it deem it unprofitable.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

This is the exact reason I make sure to have multiple books on hand.

• probably human

While this does happen to me with books and webcomics (it was somewhat painful to part with The Dark Tower after binging the whole series in succession) I find this mostly happens to me with Visual Novels, Katawa Shojou in particular. Maybe the format makes it easier for me to grow attached to the characters? I have not an idea.

• edited 2012-07-06 09:06:38
    I'm a damn twisted person
    Well for VNs the protagonists are written to be a generic cipher so any player can project themselves into the plot.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

It happened to me with Fate Stay Night, and really, Shirou is no cipher, he is too stupid for that.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Not going to make the obvious joke.
  • And you are a better man for it.