If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

ACTA rejected by the European Parliament

edited 2012-07-04 21:26:49 in Politics
if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

ACTA was rejected by the EU Parliament, with 478 votes against and 39 for. This means that neither the EU nor any of its members are allowed to implement ACTA.

Comments

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

What Bee said.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Imlikingthis.jpg

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Great!

Now if only we could get it veto'd in the US of A.

Assuming it's not already, I don't really keep the kind of tabs on this that I should.

• But you never had any to begin with.

The US signed it, but it's not ratified.

And hopefully it never gets ratified.

• Predictabo, fill in stupid Euro vs. Murkan chauvinism in here.

Murkans are from Murkania you insensitive jerk.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

There was a lot of crazy shit in here over that ACTA. All the Eternal September kids realized it'll mean they may have to actually buy shit instead of just pirating whatever they want, so they went to the streets. Don't get me wrong, I have no warm feelings for the idea, but I'm kinda cynical about all those Net-dwelling wannabe freedom fighters. Sure, they actually acted on it instead of whining on the 'Net, and they got results, and I can even appreciate it, but when it stopped being about piracy, the number of protesters on anti-government demonstrations related to this movement went down from tens of thousands to tens. 

By the way, it turned out that the local Secret Service uses server passwords such as "admin", "admin1".