If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Pen caps being separated from their pens (i.e. pens that should have caps being capless)

edited 2012-07-04 09:23:02 in Meatspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

This bugs me.

This also makes me quite the opposite of my mom--she has been completely fine with losing pen caps (and using mismatched pen caps) as far as I can remember.

Comments

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

This is why click pens are superior.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

You know what's amazing?

You know that you can unscrew click pens, right?  And if you do, you can see there's a spring-based mechanism inside?

This one time, a click pen unscrewed itself inside my pants pocket and the spring fell out and was lost.

I still don't know how the fuck that happened.

I actually have what I can best describe as a bad habit of taking click pens apart and putting them back together.

Sometimes I'll take two and make frankenpens out of them....

Really Opera, you're going to tell me that "frankenpens" is a word. But "internet" isn't? 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    "Internet" is a proper noun, so not capitalizing it registers as a typo.

That makes me want to make another thread.

"Internet" is a proper noun, so not capitalizing it registers as a typo.

What is this, 1989?

Who capitalizes "internet" anymore?

Friggin Opera. 

• a little muffled

@glennmagusharvey: My click pens have a bad habit of coming apart inside my pencil case. I have no idea how.

• edited 2012-07-04 18:57:21

I actually have what I can best describe as a bad habit of taking click pens apart and putting them back together.

Oh god, I do that too. Though a good 40% of the time I end up losing the little spring and rendering the pen entirely useless. -_-

@topic: I...don't mind this with pens, so much, because usually if I'm buying pens that aren't the clicky kind, it's a cheap pack of Bics from the dollar store and I sorta have the attitude that they're entirely disposable.

It does bug me with flash drives, though...the stupid OCD "purity" thoughts don't help. "What? One's missing its cap? Then we must take the caps off all of them, or it won't be pure!"

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Sometimes I'll take two and make frankenpens out of them....

I do that all the time.

Really Opera, you're going to tell me that "frankenpens" is a word. But "internet" isn't?

Chrome is better...

*cough*

• If only Chrome were on iPhones too...

If only Google didn't own Youtube...

Chrome would be better were it not spying on me whenever I use it.

I do have it, I just only use it when both Opera and Lunascape aren't working. 

• I'm a damn twisted person

To be fair, everybody is getting spied on by their ISP by virtue of using an ISP. So unless you only use wifi spots, chances are people have already accumulated a decent chunk of data about you. The good news is, chances are you're not interesting enough for them to bother looking at it. 

Yes, but Chrome (more generally, Google) is worse about it than other browsers.

So I've been told by people who are more tech-savvy than me, anyhow. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I've never actually heard anything concrete about that other than "it's made by Google."

Me neither.

But I'm not taking the chance.  I'd rather distribute the services I use over many different vendors.

• edited 2012-07-04 23:52:57
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

But...wouldn't that just mean that more people have your information? I mean, Google's already watching me just by virtue of using the internet, so I see no reason to let other people get in on the act too.

• I'm a damn twisted person

It's really never been a bother. I think they might try to use it to tailor ads to you, but since I put in an ad-blocker I never have to deal with it. 

• Yeah, Chrome's just easiest for me, and tailoring ads just seems like a bonus.

• edited 2012-07-05 00:01:19
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

No, there's no more information going out about me.

It's just the same information, but it's more distributed.  You might need entities sharing information to put two and two together.  This is a hurdle to doing anything with it, so that works for me.

Also, I sometimes use Duck Duck Go, IxQuick, Yahoo, and Bing, alongside Google, for my searches.

And I know my ISP can have a record of all my internet usage.  Don't really know of a way to get around this, apart from using another computer or internet connection elsewhere.

And yes, I know if I use my own computer it's technically traceable to my MAC address.  I can also use other computers, but if people are really keen they might pick up on my browsing patterns.

That said, they would have to go to these lengths in order to find out anything about me.  Someone would have to have both motive and means to be able to pull this off, and they'd have to put in significant time and effort--even if they can strongarm their way to the information, they'll need the time to piece it together.