If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"Uh-Oh" moments

edited 2012-07-02 19:37:57 in Media
There is love everywhere, I already know

When the specialty channel you watch sort of religiously starts introducing programming that conflicts with it's current programming?

Like when Animax SA started airing "Kenny Vs Spenny", it was only once around midnight every day but I still got that weird "What's going on?" feeling. Eventually the only Anime you could watch was NGE, Bleach and Peacemaker Kurogane at 4AM until they rebranded the entire channel to Sony MAX (Which basically just imports anything Spike TV with some odd Japanese game shows once per day).

Now the Crime and Investigation network started airing movies 'vaguely related' to real life cases every Wednesday. I didn't get the "Uh-Oh" feeling then, but then they started airing a British copycat of 1000 Ways to Die. Anybody else annoyed when channels change their demographics (especially when they're the only ones filling a certain niche) or is it okay since demographic A is tiny and even if they lose them going for demographic B will make them much more successful?

Comments

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Well, regardless of whether or not it's ethically okay, it's certainly annoying.

I remember when Current TV was one of the more interesting channels on TV, before it became "The Crazy Libertarian Channel". 

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

The network owned by Al Gore is the Crazy Libertarian Channel...?

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Mistype on my part.

Point is, a lot of the programs they had on the last time I watched it were just on the other side of loony.

Also they cancelled the Rotten Tomatoes show.