If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie

edited 2012-06-21 18:25:55 in Media

So apparently James Rolfe is trying to make a bona fide film rather than just an extended episode and it has the Howard Scott Warshaw (programmer for E.T.) seal of approval. Still, the scale of such a thing is mind-boggling. I can imagine it might be something like the R.O.B. episode which uses E.T.'s infamous history as a backstory of sorts, but I can't imagine how else AVGN would translate to a traditional film.

Normally, I would be dismissive of such a thing as a dumb gimmick, but James is chasing his dream here, so at the very least, it won't be a soulless endeavour.

Comments

• a little muffled

Apparently the movie itself isn't an extended game review; it's a movie about a guy who reviews games (which includes at least one game review as part of it).

• They're somethin' else.

His organization name is freaking Cinemassacre. I'd want more than anything to see a bonafied film from him. I'm looking forward to this.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Just because it has a hipster-chic cool name?
  • You can change. You can.

Because he's a film major, I think.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Rolfe's not super funny, but he is knowledgable, affable, and knows his way around a camera. Call me cautiously optimistic.
  • To this thread: WISE FWOM YO GWAY

The recent movie trailer reminded me of the time they tried to make a movie out of the Crocodile Hunter. Not sure if I would enjoy such a thing, but we'll see.

• a little muffled

I feel like he must be kicking himself for not doing this slightly earlier. The fact that they actually dug up the stuff kind of steals the thunder from the premise.