If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

When there are takedowns AND an official version of the song on Youtube

edited 2012-06-19 14:03:30 in Webspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

At the same time.

This is happening to Just Tune by Savage Genius.  There's an official upload...and there are takedowns of other uploads.

Comments

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-06-19 14:24:47

It makes sense that they'd want you to go to the official upload instead of other people pirating it (even if it's free it's easier to track viewership that way, which makes a difference for partnership channels), but you'd think they'd at least provide a link to it on the videos that were taken down.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^I don't think there's a mechanism for that in place.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2012-06-19 14:58:42

Well yeah, but it wouldn't be that hard to add an "other" field on the takedown notice that could be filled with "official link here: XXXX".

Well I guess it'd also encourage copyright trolling by ad spammers (in which case just taking down the others as is and letting the searches flow to the official one would be the best option), but they need to bother verifying takedowns anyway.

• edited 2012-06-19 15:00:52
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I'm perfectly okay with letting Youtube rot.  or at least become completely overrun with youtube poop videos.  At least those are amusing.

Let's get some more diversity in video sites going.