If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"Watch The Legend of Korra Episode 1 | English Dubbed Episodes"

edited 2012-06-18 20:48:09 in General

You don't say.

Comments

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.
    The sub is far superior, anyway.
  • You can change. You can.

Spanish Avatar > English Avatar.

i'm willing to fight anyone who contradicts me and they will explode

• edited 2012-06-18 21:05:29
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Danish Avatar > all other Avatars.

i have a Danish friend that can vouch for its "quality"

• edited 2012-06-18 21:07:21
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    nippon no avatar wa sugoi desuuuu
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Spanish Avatar > English Avatar.

Indeed, Zuko doesn't sound so weird, for starters.

• But the English voice acting cast is the only one that has someone who's a character in Homestuck.

But the English voice acting cast is the only one that has someone who's a character in Homestuck.

I rest my case. Spanish is better by a hundredfold in the light of this information.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Dante Basco's voice is terrible. I'm sure he's a lovely person but every time I hear that voice I want to give him a wedgie.

• I think that makes it oddly fitting for Zuko.

Hearing it on General Iroh was pretty damn jarring, though.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

my avatar > your Avatar

awesomeface.png

^^Yeah, the voice doesn't match the character model at all.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

of all the VAs they could of brought back

it had to be goddamn dante basco

He's the one with all the fangirls after all.

They said from the beginning he was going to have a role in Korra. General Iroh is thematically fitting, at least.

• No rainbow star
    He could have changed the voice a bit, however

I thought the general was Zuko for a bit and that he somehow had his scar healed or something
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Doubt it. Basco's an actor not a voice actor. He probably doesn't have much range to begin with.

• Definitely not gay.

Well he does make a semi-competent Dave Strider.

• ^Er, what? I haven't followed Homestuck in a while, but I did hear he's been reading it...and this sounds intriguing.

Anyway, my thoughts on Iroh basically ran to "Well, people sometimes say I sound a lot like my father. So it happens." After seeing the opinions here, either I could get disappointed or not. I chose not to.

Regarding the topic of this thread in general: I bet there are tropers (or anyone, really) who would fan-cast A:TLA and Korra with Japanese voice actors. I bet it's already happened at some point.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

...I can't believe I finally realized the point of this thread.

Before this, I thought it would be about Youtube placeholder videos telling you to go to other video sites.

Also, any audio track is a dub, technically.

• ^Er, what? I haven't followed Homestuck in a while, but I did hear he's been reading it...and this sounds intriguing.

http://rufiozuko.tumblr.com/post/24055423803/dave-talkin-to-jade-sh-t-was-funny-just-felt