If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Bookclub

1373839404143»

Comments

• edited 2024-04-19 02:10:57
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I hear that that show is good.

I have yet to check it out, of course.

Anyhow I wasn't really looking for an answer, as much as just idly wondering "what if anime were Polish instead of Japanese".
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    That said there's V411 HALL-A if Venezuelan "anime games" count.

what is it with you guys and anime-girlies-that-are-not-from-anime

Anyways:
    VA-11 Hall-A's developers come from Venezuela.[20] As such, according to Ortiz, their visions of a dystopian bar scene are based on their own experiences of living in a third world country, leading them to create a cast of characters that, in the middle of a "depressing society", try to go on with their lives and be as happy as they can with what they already have.[20]
    "what if anime were Polish Venezuelan instead of Japanese", seems like?

So, I was about to try something different, like cowboy movies and nominate Glenn - but that's probably getting too far from, like, a topic for the book thread.
  • what is it with you guys and anime-girlies-that-are-not-from-anime
    Cute things are cute.
    But for a more serious answer, I never got that idea, although I'd like it if that were the case.
    Sometimes I wonder if animu (and animu-style stuff) is less popular here than it is in the rest of Latin America.
    "depressing society"
    Speaking of that, did I miss something in the international scene that puts us in the spotlight? I've been reading oddly often unprompted, tangentially-relevant comments in about how it sucks here. Weird that it happens now that things have been looking up for a while and not, say, six years ago when things were truly awful.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    did I miss something in the international scene that puts us in the spotlight?
    From what I can gather, nah. But since you guys have election season, I might be speaking more of it, and so may international media. Perhaps it's this, perhaps it's that thing when you see something once and then you begin to notice it everywhere.