If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Those high-pitched rock vocalists from the early 2000s

edited 2012-06-15 20:55:07 in Media

Like in System of a Down and Linkin Park. The kind that sounded transplanted from NSYNC.

Though I suppose it beats the gravelly mush-mouthed rock vocalists from the early 2000s, like in Nickelback and Creed.

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

>system of a down

>comparing them to nsync

leave

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

you hatin' on nickelback

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

nu-metal vocalists are high-pitched now? news to me

• Has friends besides tanks now
    "you hatin' on nickelback"

lots o' people be hatin' on nickelback, including me

Anyway, I don't quite get how Serj Tankian could draw comparison with someone in a boy band.
  • ^ I'm not talking about him, I'm talking about the other singer, Daron Malakian.

High notes on the chorus.

• edited 2012-06-15 21:17:03
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

lots o' people be hatin' on nickelback, including me

fine >:|

I'll just be taking my leave. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    >Daron Malakian

Read that as Malkavian >.>
  • edited 2012-06-15 21:21:30
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Don't high notes in rock music go way back anyway? And there's more than just pitch to account for; I can't think of any times when Malakian's vocals sounded crooning like a boy bander. In fact, he often employs legitimate harsh vocals.

^ It was tough not to type it like that.

^^ (I honestly don't hate them that much. Mostly just Chad Kroeger)

Can someone please fix my post, I forgot how to do that by phone.
  • Pfft. Chad's voice. I think he's actually getting slightly better with each album. *Is reminded of big unfinished attempt on BTL 1.0 to do a huge analysis of Nickelback because I was bored* 

As for the central question of the OP, I have no idea. It's interesting that two bands were mentioned in the OP but we all got hung up on SOAD. As for LP...um...well, I'm no expert. Chester Bennington's voice is...not everyone's favorite, I think. Not really sure what else to say.