If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Israeli Kristallnacht: In which Israel refuses to understand the concept of "irony"

edited 2012-06-05 17:51:09 in Politics
I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

http://www.rt.com/news/israel-anti-migrant-demo-061/

A couple weeks ago, a demonstration attended by thousands, including several high-profile politicians, involved the looting and smashing of stores and houses owned by African migrants. Much as politicians in the United States are using racism to justify kicking out all the Mexicans, Israeli politicians are using racism to justify removing African migrants and refugees from Israel, except they're not even trying to hide the racist part.

Here, the Israeli foreign minister talks about how they need to build special detention camps for Africans because Israeli women are afraid of getting AIDS from them.

If you think the "detention camp" was just bug talk, well, no, they're actually building it.

These are supposedly in order to stem the tide of violence involving migrants, even though their houses and kindergartens have been firebombed by Israelis, spurred on by politicians who labeled the Africans as "garbage," "cancer," "plague," and "rapists." They're also forcing birth control on African women even though birth control is illegal for Israeli Jews.

And the whole racism thing? Well, Netanyahu himself spoke about how the "social fabric of society" was threatened by these Africans. And the Israeli internal minister said that "Most of those people arriving here are Muslims who think the country doesn’t belong to us, the white man." Yeah dude, you Israeli Arabs are totally white.

Also Israel was one of the biggest trading partners with Apartheit Africa and provided them nuclear weapons.

Comments

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

I... just don't know what to say. This is absolutely shocking, coming from the nation which survived the fucking Holocaust. And every time you criticize Israel, you get labeled an anti-Semite and compared to Hitler.

They should just stop using their past sufferings as a crappy excuse for their present misdeeds.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Reminds me of a certain skinhead tune mentioning how Jews promote abortion to lower the numbers of non-Jews. Pretty fun if a bit lacking melodically, but that's the price of Three Chords and the Truth.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

They don't do that (obviously), but they do try and prevent Arabs who live in Israel from getting fertility treatments. Wouldn't want any more non-Jews roaming around.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I am sympathetic to the idea of a Judaic homeland, but this Israel thing has gotten way out of hand. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    D:<
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I am sympathetic to the idea of a Judaic homeland, but this Israel thing has gotten way out of hand.

• Our memories are quite short.
  • *obligatory reaction of disgust*

That said, I find the use of the headline tacky. Not because whether or not the comparison is appropriate(that's always subjective), but because it will become a red herring: endless wank whether or not it was justified/accurate instead of the focus being on what prompted the article.