If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The need to speed all over the damn place.

edited 2012-06-04 07:30:02 in Meatspace
My arms are falling off!

Just...ugh. Maybe I just don't grasp the concept of "life is short so do as much exciting shit while you still can", but I must be the only driver in California who has yet to be of Social Security age and drives safely.

I could sort of understand if it's on a highway where speed limits are more loosely enforced; I've had dozens of moments where whoever I'm driving with--be it a friend or my dad--nails 80 mph or even 90 on a straight and level freeway, with absolutely no police encounters or sense of danger to me.

But then there's peple who are doing crazy things like 70 in a 40 zone or even in a 40-mph off-ramp. And here I am maybe pushing limit+10 at most on streets where the limit is lower than 45 or so (even less in a neighborhood-type street)--not just to stay within the law but to have a smooth driving experience, especially if there are passengers in the car. When I drive friends around, I do it with the intent of getting us from point A to point B, not making them feel like they're in the Yukarimobile, especially since I know what it's like to ride with someone who makes me feel like I'm either going to die or have my transit delayed due to getting pulled over by the cops.

This does get me wondering if my friends think I'm too slow in driving them at "only" 65 miles per hour (mainly since it's peak fuel efficiency for most cars)...