If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I've lost my tolerance for phone conversations

edited 2012-06-01 12:25:08 in General
Has friends besides tanks now

Whenever I have to call anyone nowadays, it just feels like a pain in the neck, and when someone calls me (especially when I'm driving) it just registers as an annoyance.

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I've never had a tolerance for them.
  • You can change. You can.

^

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

^^

• Champion of the Whales

Why are people calling you while you drive?

• Has friends besides tanks now

^ Because they don't know I'm driving (well, usually; today, a friend called specifically because I was going the other way from an event we had to get to and he didn't know why).

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I find them pleasant enough.

• They're somethin' else.

I find its best to use phones as a way to say "i'll be here at this time and this place, see you soon" and then carry on conversation in person.

• edited 2012-06-01 16:18:56
    Loser

I would agree that having to cold call people (i.e., calling people you do not know) can be pretty annoying, mostly because it is harder to know what to expect from people you do not know. I think it takes a decent amount courage to do stuff like phonebanking for campaigns or answering phones in a office for that reason.

In my limited experience, customer service phone conversations are really a mixed bag too, but if you have had a different experience with that kind of stuff, feel free to say so.

As for phone conversations in general, I think they can be more rewarding than email exchanges when you live far away from someone and easier to control than real life conversations since you can usually end them whenever you feel like it. Still, I guess they can be pretty time-consuming and emails probably allow you to more precisely say what you mean.

• edited 2012-06-01 17:30:38
    Diet NEET

I'd rather text, if only because I suck at remembering intel on times and venues.