If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Series with cool names whose content you don't have much interest in

edited 2012-05-31 21:09:28 in Media
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I just discovered Shattered Angels.

Comments

• They're somethin' else.

Crimson Tears. Cyberpunk beat-em-up dungeon crawler that just couldn't hold a candle to Tobal 2 nor Ehrgeiz's Quest Modes.

• Definitely not gay.

Let me tell you guys

about FATAL

• There is love everywhere, I already know

There was this series called Kiddy Girl-And...

• Incidentally, I actually kind of am interested in Shattered Angels (aka. Kyoushirou to Towa no Sora), because I want more Chikane and Himeko, but since it's a big crossover I feel like I should familiarize myself with most of the other series first...

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^^You do realize that's not the full title, right?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

@fourteenwings - I think that goes in the crappy title, crappy content bin.

The name kind of good...

• edited 2012-06-01 09:38:54

Durarara!! has a cool name (or rather, I think DRRR!! is a cool abbreviation), but frankly I don't have the slightest interest in watching it.

Pretty much everything else I can think of right now that has a cool name does interest me in some way (even if, admittedly, it's mostly because of the name... >.>).

I disagree.  First, "and" what?.  Second, it sounds a bit sketchy.

The most reasonable possibility for reinterpretation I think is to read it as "Kiddy Girl Land", as in a world or territory ("Land") where young women ("Kiddy Girl") call the shots.

• Actually, the way it's written in katakana, I think it'd be closer to Kiddy Garland, which... would be silly, for sure.

• edited 2012-06-01 10:40:19
    There is love everywhere, I already know

I dunno, it always seemed like a cute little name to me...

Back on topic: Pretty Rhythm/Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream, how are these not magical girl anime? I mean the idol genre is so overdone that the only good one running at the moment (AKB0048) had to be combined with Guerrilla warfare! Unless we count Natsuiro Kiseki, which still has magic+Slice of life more than Idol anyways.

How many idol series are there?

I only know of two, The iDOLM@STER and AKB0048.

• edited 2012-06-01 10:55:36

only good one running at the moment (AKB0048)

Aren't there only like... two idol anime series running now anyway?

^ Tons, if you're counting things that finished airing.

I never knew it was a thing.  I was only introduced to the genre earlier this year.

^^ Natsuiro doesn't count since it's only idol associated because it's a vehicle for a real world idol group and only one of the girls really wants to be an idol. Unless you mean something else.

• edited 2012-06-01 11:02:30

Pretty Rhythm: Dear My Future, of course.

^^ Fair enough.  But it's been an established genre since forever (or at least since the 70s-80s)

• edited 2012-06-01 11:22:26
    a little muffled

@DYRE:

or rather, I think DRRR!! is a cool abbreviation
    It just reads as DURRR HURRR to me.

• Sure does.  But I think it looks cool, as long as I don't try to actually read it... or something.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I think this is less annoying than stories that you really like that have shitty titles.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

^Like Justice League Dark. >_>

• Midnight Sun, third book of the Twilight series.

Highschool of the Dead. There are so many ways you could take that title besides an unintentionally creepy jiggle-show.

• edited 2012-06-01 11:32:13
    You can change. You can.

^^^ Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates.

• a little muffled

@Iaculus:

Midnight Sun, third book of the Twilight series.
    Actually, I think that's the name of the perspective-flip that never got released because Smeyer threw a hissy fit when part of it leaked. It's definitely not one of the actual books, which are Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. (I WORK IN A HIGH SCHOOL LIBRARY OKAY.)

• edited 2012-06-01 11:39:04
    You can change. You can.

Credentials or you're a twitard (or someone who can use google)

• Highschool of the Dead. There are so many ways you could take that title besides an unintentionally creepy jiggle-show.

Violence and creepy misplaced fanservice is the entire point of exploitation movies, so it really shouldn't be that much of a shock that that's what Highschool of the Dead is about.

• edited 2012-06-01 11:42:13
    There is love everywhere, I already know

^^ He's right. I've read all of the books because I like pain.

^ I think this actually extends to most fanservice based shows with interesting premises.

• edited 2012-06-01 11:46:04
    You can change. You can.

I dunno, Highschool of the Dead sounds like a relatively nonthreatening harem show rather than MATRIX BOOBS. 

ETA: I'd expect MATRIX BOOBS from a show called "University of the Dead", though. :P

nonthreatening harem

Harem is threatening, you never know when to expect it. Sometimes it just happens in the middle of your cool serious show...

• Definitely not gay.

I mean seriously, FATAL sounds like the title of a totally fucking cool game

but it's full of RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE

• Violence and creepy misplaced fanservice is the entire point of exploitation movies, so it really shouldn't be that much of a shock that that's what Highschool of the Dead is about.

We're talking about the title on its own without any context, though.

Imagine it, it could have been a comedy about a school for the undead, a psychological horror about someone regaining consciousness in their ruined classroom when the Bomb goes off... any number of things.