If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

What the hell IS up with this recent wave of, "OH GOD ZOMBIES!" crimes?

edited 2012-05-31 19:55:11 in General
No rainbow star

Link 1 Link 2 Link 3

Is the media on some sort of, "Hey, people acting extremely bizarre and doing things that are zombie like!" binge?

As much as it's fun to joke around, it has me a little bit concerned that all this is happening in such a short time span (I highly doubt it's actual living dead, but if it's a drug like some are claiming, then I am worried about stuff like this happening more and more often)

Comments

• edited 2012-06-01 01:02:57
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
  • Someone I know, older and wiser than I, shared this on Facebook. Just a little something to think about.

I don't think anything's going on in the world aside from the usual. The media is just spinning it that way because sensationalism and zombies being a pop culture thing.

• Definitely not gay.

• As I pointed out on Facebook, I don't find this whole zombie apocalypse thing very funny because I'm a weak, fragile person who is useless at most things. I'm not going to pretend I'm some awesome badass. I wouldn't live very long and even if I somehow did, I'd be a huge load on whoever I was with. Unless they had no sense of direction, in which case I could be their navigator. But seriously, so many of my friends stand a better chance of actually being good at this sort of thing.

Also, it's easy enough to focus on how much fun killing zombies might be, but you would still have to watch people you love suffer and die at some point, or kill them if they became zombified. And that's not even supposed to be pleasant in fiction...imagine actually going through that. I think I'd probably just break down or something.

So I sure hope nothing is actually brewing, because that would suck. I'll take peaceful boredom over the thrill of zombies any day.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    It's not like a zombie apocalypse could happen anyway. They have to attack their natural predators to reproduce. There's a reason why humans don't have to wrestle bears before they can have sex. Zombies are a good disaster movie premise and nothing more.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Not to mention that most zombie movies require military forces to be pants-on-head retarded to work.

• I agree with the Jezebel article, zombie jokes are kinda lame..oh, whoopsie, using that word is ableism too.

In all seriousness, I'm still waiting for the conspiracy nutters who actually spin this into something about gubbermint experiments instead of people overusing memes.

• edited 2012-06-01 18:01:14
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I want to write a zombie apocalypse about a bunch of people who survive by starting a farming commune, not getting into any fights, and minding their own shit.

In any case, I dig zombies but more because they're fun in monster games and good for existential man's-inhumanity-to-man type horror like the Romero movies. Or the ones that don't suck anyways.