If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• The Dark Horse?

• edited 2012-08-12 06:00:39

I just realized that because of my work schedule, I don't get Monday blues.

I get Sunday blues instead.

I hate this feel.

• edited 2012-08-12 06:50:53
    Definitely not gay.

The Dark Horse?

Ah, yes! Ensemble Darkhorse! That's the term I was looking for!

Well, it's approximate anyway.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Ensemble Darkhorse refers specifically to characters which nobody ever thought would gain such popularity, I thought. Like Boba Fett.

• edited 2012-08-12 06:57:26
    Definitely not gay.

That's why I said it was approximate.

Hell, Magus, the perfect example of what I'm thinking of, is the deuteragonist of the second half of CT and the antagonist of the first half.

• edited 2012-08-12 07:35:25
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    If it relates to character complexity, it's definitely not ensemble darkhorse. I mean, the classic example of that is Boba Fett, who literally does not have a personality.

IJBM: not being able to sleep.
  • But you never had any to begin with.

Except Magus is literally unimportant in the second half of the game.

• edited 2012-08-12 08:12:01
    Definitely not gay.

Except Magus is literally unimportant in the second half of the game.

...what?

He was the Prophet who sealed the Gate to Antiquity and forced Crono and his friends to find the Epoch. He also joins your party, gets a sidequest and part of the Black Omen part is Magus resolving his mommy issues. Granted, the last two are optional, but he is not unimportant.

• But you never had any to begin with.

The first part is still the first half of the game, and if a game can continue completely unhindered by someone being dead, to the point of never being mentioned after that point, they are unimportant after that point.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Hey, CU or All9, any chance I can PM you regarding that D&D thing I mentioned earlier, later today? I need to sleep now, but when I get up, maybe...

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Sure. I'll probably be home in 7-8 hours or so.

Well, I won't be able to PM until after work, which is at 4 for me, so... 15 hours from now. Hopefully enough time :P

Hm...that's 1 AM here...I /might/ still be up.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Ensemble Dark Horses:

* Green Biker Dude, Mega Man X2

* dog, Duck Hunt

* level theme, Cheetahmen II, Action 52

* pause theme, Battletoads

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

* dog, Duck Hunt

I thought everyone hated that dog.

Okay, he's a reverse ensemble dark horse.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    I'm pretty sure you are supposed to hate the dog too.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Sorry I wasn't around, Nova. I was at a sleepover, and I just reawakened about twenty minutes ago.

ingredients:

1x lemon

2x spoonful sugar

1x mugful water

required tools: counter, container

crafted: 1x lemonade

Well, I'm back home.

My stomach is feeling a little off; I think I'll let that settle down before I get back to SO:TL.

• You can change. You can.

Joe Kubert died.

On the same day that Mike Wieringo and Mark Gruenwald died. 

:(

• edited 2012-08-12 19:15:56
    No rainbow star

...August 12th is an unlucky day for comic book artists, I guess?

• Introductory week, day 1: Sleep shift to make sure freshers go to bed on time. Recommended nasty wake-up music at your leisure.

Are you, like, doing a prefrosh orientation program or something?

• Has friends besides tanks now

Is it bad if, in preparation for a single D&D session coming up soon, I've printed out 43 pages of stuff and I'm not done printing stuff yet? (It's all character sheets for the bad guys, but each one is 5-6 pages).

No.

I once printed out over 100 pages in preparation for a D&D session, and I wasn't even the DM.

Though that was a game where players were encouraged to just completely break the system, so that was mostly my spell list.

• edited 2012-08-12 21:34:34
    Has friends besides tanks now

Why did you need that many spells?

• edited 2012-08-12 21:40:02
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Well, I had Wish as a spell-like ability, so my spell list was pretty much all spells ever released for 3.5 below a certain level.

Also, because of how the rules for experience point expenditure work, it is perfectly valid to wish for a Ring of Three Wishes if you're using the spell-like ability rather than the actual spell. My character handed them out like candy. It was just that kind of campaign.

Though oddly, I mostly wound up using my Rock to Lava+quickened Stone Shape combo, which doesn't even require any obscure books or creative interpretations and can pretty much one-hit-kill anything.

Incidentally, I forgot to mention this yesterday, but I now know what roses taste like. Kinda bitter, and a bit tangy. Not very good on their own, but might go well in a salad.

• No rainbow star

Wait, you can eat roses?