If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2013-12-14 18:03:19
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
  • Youtube has been making seriously bad decisions like forcing Google+ to comment or the whole monetization thing. Google makes money but can let other people other than video uploaders make money, but the problem is when creators get their own stuff flagged even though they made it, or was explicitly allowed permission to use clips of games or movies. Sad thing is, since there is no alternative to Youtube at the moment this won't change until there is serious competition with a new video site, if one is ever made.

• I have no idea why, but fansubbers sounding like they're in pain always amuses me. Like so:

as much as Ginga has gotten aaaaaa, it's worth it when I get to write a line like "Ow! Who the heck throws dolphins?!"

Oh, wait, no, never mind, I just wrote like 20 more lines of actual dialogue and I'm back into massive self-loathing. Ignore me!

— Mägentä Gäläxy (@MagentaGalaxica) December 17, 2013

• a little muffled

So I had a dream last night about being the president of the united states and then having to take a break from being the president to go into space, and I felt like I needed to share this.

• Question. What physical objects would you identify IJBM the most with? (Examples: the bug icon, MtG cards, the logo lampshade, etc.)

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

Probably the bug or the lampshade.

Anyway, there's my Christmas gifts for this year: a refresher for my Steam wallet (game sales, ho!) and a copy of Zeus Grants Stupid Wishes: a No-Bullshit Guide to World Mythology which will arrive at the beginning of January.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

^^ Grey on orange

• ^^, ^ Alright. Anything else? I'm making a list, the more, the merrier.

• Kichigai birthday!!

Clocks, for the 24 hour mene

• ^ ohey haven't seen you around for like... uh, some period of time.

• edited 2013-12-20 17:24:42
    Kichigai birthday!!

Yeah, I was banned for leaking a sextape that involved all the mods and several tubes of toothpaste.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I think you forgot the tins of unsalted cashews, the offshore bank account, the improper fractions, the War on Christmas, and the feedback loop.

• Hello there!

If you had zoomed your avatar a bit you could've joined on the eating avatar theme.

Also how come that's the only meme we've had?

On a different note, I've been prescripted some medicines and recommendations for the anxiety issues I've been having. Hope they help.

• edited 2013-12-20 21:44:55

Good luck Stormtroper!

Because I feel like showing off:

• Kichigai birthday!!

"Day 56: They still think I'm a clock"

you have one too many clocks

plus a dartboard

•  

I think you forgot the tins of unsalted cashews, the offshore bank account, the improper fractions, the War on Christmas, and the feedback loop.

Should I be glad I wasn't invited to this?

• edited 2013-12-21 09:23:35

I counted. I actually have 11 too many clocks, including ten or so that aren't in that picture. :V

• Why are they set at different times like that? I thought  they might have been different timezones, but the way the minute hands varied doesn't support that.

Today, in Silly Things I Pondered As A Kid:

Place values before the decimal point are named by their "normal" number names (i.e. cardinal): ones, tens, hundreds, etc.

Place values after the decimal point are named by their ordinal number names -- or alternatively, by adding "th" to the end of a cardinal number name: tenth, hundredth, etc.

If so, why is there no oneth (or first) place?

• There is love everywhere, I already know

"Going to Africa. Hope I don't get Aids. Just kidding. I'm white!"

You know that feel when there is so much something about a statement that you just have no idea where to start or whether to even bother?

• I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

Place values after the decimal point are named by their ordinal number names -- or alternatively, by adding "th" to the end of a cardinal number name: tenth, hundredth, etc.

If so, why is there no oneth (or first) place?

The ones are the oneths.

• a little muffled

Yeah, 1/1 is just 1, so...

Yeah, precisely.  It was just kid!me, who was thinking:

ones, tens, hundreds, thousands...

[oneths???], tenths, hundredths, thousandths...

Before I understood the math behind it, the pattern seemed symmetrical, so I thought at first it was a symmetrical pattern of naming centered around the decimal point.

Turns out, mathematically, the decimal point is but an arbitrarily-placed symbol, not unlike thousand commas, and the center of symmetry is actually the ones place.

• edited 2013-12-22 08:45:52
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Current temperature in northern Virginia: somewhere between 65 and 70 degrees fahrenheit.

WTF

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

52 F in Belgrade.

• Why are they set at different times like that? I thought they might have been different timezones, but the way the minute hands varied doesn't support that.

They're not actually set at all. I just put the batteries in and let them run. I like the sort of random look it gives them, versus having them all in sync.

• There's probably someone out there who'd be driven insane by such a sight.

• edited 2013-12-24 14:10:36
    Spent yesterday's afternoon helping an uncle street vendor some baseball stuff. No luck as I expected.
    My friends are starting to convince me to get into MtG again. Now I'm wondering (again) what Commander deck should I build. Teysa? Wort? Rakdos? Olivia?
    Ahhh, Christmas food.
    Edit: Or Lyzolda.