If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People are putting full albums up on YouTube

edited 2012-05-28 18:22:15 in IJAM
Has friends besides tanks now

This is incredibly convenient. When I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy a CD, it's kind of annoying when I have to switch to the next track while I'm in the middle of something else, and that method takes longer.

inb4 >buying CD's

Comments

• More like

>listening to music on Youtube

• Has friends besides tanks now

It works well enough, so long as you ignore the comments section.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Because it's a bad idea to stream music before deciding if you like it enough to buy it/download it?

• edited 2012-05-28 18:19:20

I don't actually have a problem with streaming music, but I figure if I have to greentext something (I do, yep), I might as well make it that.  I don't really like using Youtube for streaming music, but it's not like there are really any better alternatives.

I might use this thread to log the albums I (attempt to) listen through here.

First up is Beneath the Massacre's Mechanics of Dysfunction. Deathcore shite. Moving on to Brain Drill's Quantum Catastrophe.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I don't like using Youtube to stream music, but it's better than nothing.

^ And good enough that I don't see the need to look around for a marginally better streaming service.

Also, more album thoughts:

-Quantum Catastrophe is pretty okay, but until I can find Apocalyptic Feasting to compare, I'm putting it on hold.
    -Considering how old it is, Cryptopsy's None So Vile holds up pretty well, and isn't a half bad listen.
    -Aeon's Path of Fire actually really works for me. It felt like an eternity was passing as I listened, and it was actually only about six minutes of time gone. Normally this would be a detestable quality in music, in my opinion, but I find that death metal serves me best as a wall of sound that is specifically non-invasive, so that I can get work done, and in this regard this album is perfect for me. 

• probably human

Grooveshark is pretty cool in that it lets you queue songs.