If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Digimon Tamers is free on Hulu

edited 2012-05-27 03:07:45 in IJAM

I repeat: the entirity of Digimon Tamers is available for free on Hulu.

How did I not hear of this? I've been waiting my whole life for an official release of this series!

Comments

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Digimon Tamers is available for free

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS...

on Hulu.

AMERICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNSSSSSSS.

• There are people who don't live in America?

• edited 2012-05-27 04:14:34
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I am panamanian(ergo, I live in america), this helps me not.

• For those of you outside of America that want to access Hulu and other stuff that's not available in your country, I'd advise you to try out either Unblock-US or PlaymoTV. Both of them cost $5 per month (With Playmo having 3/6/12 month Pre-Paid plans) so it's gonna cost a bit if you want to access videos not in your country.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Paying for a free service defeats the point inmensely, might as well wait for Netflix to add it to its latinamerican catalogue.

Might as well take that five dollars and add it to my Otaku stuff fund.

• Since when does streaming on Hulu count as an "official release"?

Or rather, yes I suppose it's official, but why is that any better than a fansub release?

Or even... how is it not worse than a fansub release?

• You can change. You can.

Some people don't like pirating things (For reasons that truly baffle me mind)

• edited 2012-05-27 11:34:22

If it's just a matter of wanting to support the creators, then it's not like you can't just download a fansub and then import some of the merchandise, or something...  And besides, it's not like you're really supporting the creators all that much if you're just watching a free stream anyway.

• Definitely not gay.

Exactly!

Hell, I spent like half of my life buyin' Pokemon shit and I still have no qualms about streaming the anime online or downloading ROMs.

That's right, I wouldn't be importing Symphogear merch if I'd never seen it.

• edited 2012-05-27 16:02:09

Since when does streaming on Hulu count as an "official release"?

Or rather, yes I suppose it's official, but why is that any better than a fansub release?

Or even... how is it not worse than a fansub release?

Probably because it's an awesome show and I actually want the rights holders to make some money off of ad revenue,  even if it's only a small amount?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    @The non-US people: Hulu isn't really as good as it sounds. Bear in mind that this is a free service, and yet people still tend to prefer a competing service that you have to pay for.

Eh, I can live without Tamers since my favoraite season was Frontier and I know how to um... obtain that.

• favoraite season was Frontier

Oh, come on, that one's not even a Digimon show, it's a Sentai.

IT WAS SENTAI IN THE DIGITAL WORLD!

it was toku not sentai, sentai is the name of a show, not a genre. 

Isn't Sentai kind of synonymous with team of five or more people with transformations (Like magical girl sentai?)

Wait, doesn't toku have to be live-action?

• Definitely not gay.

>digimon fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRamaCzY0x4

• In any case, Digimon Tamers is the one that's Serial Experiments Lain, right?  If that's the case... I may end up watching it.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

It's normal Digimon shit for three-quarters of its' run, then suddenly turns into Evangelion. I suspect the writers were trolling the audience.

• edited 2012-05-29 08:08:45

The writer did write the anime version of Narutaru...

Which, thinking about it, is a pretty strong reason not to watch Digimon Tamers, since Narutaru was kind of a trainwreck.  But Lain was good so whatever.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

From what I've seen of comparisons, it does resemble Evangelion much more than Lain.

• Ah, too bad.  I liked Lain more than Evangelion.  Evangelion was good too though.  Still, making a Digimon show like Serial Experiments Lain would have been perfect, what with the whole digital world thing, and Lain being all about the internet...

I kinda gave up a few episodes into the whole Evangelion block, so I can't really comment, sorry.

Evangelion block?

• edited 2012-05-29 08:57:15
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Pretty much everything that happens after Leomon's death. (Is that even a spoiler? It happens every time...) So nicknamed because it jars so completely with the tone of... everything before it.

• I personally find Tamers to be the best series, as it tries harder than any other to present the story in a mature manner, and succeeds in most respects.

• edited 2012-05-29 10:40:01
    There is love everywhere, I already know

I watched the entirety of Tamers but I enjoyed the lighthearted and character focused parts of the series the most. A great example of good character moments would be all the Ultimate Digivolution episodes and Suzie getting her own freakin almost Cherubimon Lopmon.

I also absolutely loathe the entire Juri/D-reaper Arc because I never liked Jeri in the first place and her playing 'sympathise with me!' was not fun to sit through.

I mean, Koichi finds goes through existential angst but the fans just love to gloss over that and talk about how poor Jeri got hurt.

Also, Kenta and MarineAngemon were awesome.

All I remember about Digimon Tamers is something something guilemon something something digimons bleeding into the real world (which was a cool inversion of the original formula, in my opinion) something something kids go to the digital world because stuff something something kids fusion themselves with digimons in their final evolution or someshit (I think that also happened in the original with wargreymon? i dunno) something something they fight some sort of red goo thing with some lady inside of it. they win. and then they proceed to be happy forever after