If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Super Mario 3D Land

edited 2012-05-24 21:32:44 in IJAM
Definitely not gay.

Alright, so after the snoozefest that was NSMB, I'll admit that I wasn't expecting much from 3D Land. I was expecting sprites and gimmicks to be used again and again and again and again. I bought it because hell, what 3DS is complete without a Mario title? So I popped up and BAM, there's the start screen and I was like "this is gonna be boring"

Boy, was I wrong.

Super Mario 3D Land is just...god, the gimmicks, the level design, the difficulty! It's just so...nngh, I'm sorry. I just...this game is so good man. Look, for an example, I'll go to World 2-4.

So in World 2-4, there are all of these flippy platform things that flip over whenever you jump. You get that they flip whenever you jump at the start of the level, 'cos there's this optional one next to the starting point. Then afterwards, you come across these Goomba-spawning blocks and you think whatever and you just kill them. But then later on, there's a part with both the flippy platforms and the Goomba blocks, so suddenly you feel really challenged but at the same time you aren't confused 'cos you were introduced to both elements early on! 

My only complaint is that lives are WAAAAAY too easy to get. Like at the end of the game I had almost one hundred and twenty lives! It kinda cheapens the effect death has on you.

But yeah, I just really like this game. Nintendo knows their shit. Man, I...God, if there were words to describe how this game makes me feel. I think I need a towel, I'm getting all hot and bothered just from describing how good this game is.