If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This hasn't been a good year for TTRPG's on IJBM

edited 2012-05-24 16:55:51 in IJBM meta
Has friends besides tanks now

-The Riddle of Steel game never got off the ground due to Alex's schedule
-The Vampire game that finally got started after months of waiting has just kinda died
-The PTA game is on hold indefinitely on account of Nova's got more important stuff to do
-I don't even remember what happened to the game on BTL, except for me pushing two prospective players away
-The Call of Cthulhu game is still in the preparatory phase
-The PTA game being run by DDNeuro on another forum didn't work out, on account of the moderation (which I was a part of) flaking

Bluh. This is kinda sad. 

Comments

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Well, if it means anything I'm in the middle of a Deathwatch game that's looking for two players to replace some that jumped ship.

• edited 2012-05-24 17:25:00
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I still feel bad about jumping ship on the PTA game.
  • if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

-I don't even remember what happened to the game on BTL, except for me pushing two prospective players away

The timezone difference turned out to be too much of a nuisance, and some players turned out to be very unreliable, so we called it quit. You decided to try to DM the game later, at university. It would be a shame if you didn't, since I really like the worldbuilding, concept and the little of what I saw of the campaign.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I think this kinda happened to a D&D 3.5 game we were having via TVT.  First, there were a bunch of scheduling issues, and on top of that I had my parents breathing down my neck.

I have a feeling that this happens all the darn time for online TTRPG organizing.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I have a feeling that this happens all the darn time for online TTRPG organizing.

Just online? The same damn thing always happens to me in meatspace too.

• Yeah, they tend to get tabled.

Was that a pun?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    You have to ask?
  • Wasn't one of my top ten, I suppose.

• You can change. You can.

You should know by now which role does Bastion play in IJBM

• edited 2012-05-24 20:36:58
    Has friends besides tanks now

"The timezone difference turned out to be too much of a nuisance, and some players turned out to be very unreliable, so we called it quit. You decided to try to DM the game later, at university. It would be a shame if you didn't, since I really like the worldbuilding, concept and the little of what I saw of the campaign."

Thanks! That actually gives me an idea, though: assuming I have the time at college, D&D 5e is currently in the playtesting phase, so depending on how much I like that system, I might try the game in that edition instead. I have high hopes for it, since there's a heavy focus on playtester input at this point.

On that note, I'll post a notice of recruitment here: if anyone's up for it, I'll try my hand at running a brief (somewhere around two to four sessions) adventure for you guys, with what has been compiled for this edition. Here's a link, for those who are curious and interested in exploring and providing feedback on a system in the works.

If the son of a gun download link for the playtest packet ever decides that it wants to work.

• No rainbow star

And my PTA fell apart (despite it being me GMing and only two players) because one of them never bloody posts >.<

• Has friends besides tanks now

. . . Well, crap. It would appear that BTL 1.0 has been done away with entirely, so I can't go in and grab the descriptions that I wrote for all those organizations and nations. ._.

Luckily, I have a document with the approximate levels of the members of each thing, so I can extrapolate and maybe get back onto the right track. I'll redetail it at some point.

• Nils might still have BTL 1.0 threads saved somewhere. At least, I do know s/he does have threads that had been deleted previously.

I promise I will do as much as possible I can to help preserve old IJBM threads if anything happens to this site.