If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM Fecht Club

edited 2012-05-17 23:36:20 in Wonderful posts
One foot in front of the other, every day.

I'm pretty sure it's just me and Gacek. 

Comments

• I smell a locked thread...

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

We have always been at war with Denmark.

• edited 2012-05-17 23:46:26
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    alex, only one snowclone thread allowed

it is unseemly for a mod to break the rules

don't make me break out the ban-ray
  • Well, there's me too, but it's not like I count for anything significant in this context. I mostly just read what everyone else writes.

You should probably post more; the Fencing Academy can always use some more traffic. 

^^ i expressly forbade ban-rays, remember

anyway, it's a damned good pun and might actually become a topic 

i mean, samurai got it

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ i expressly forbade ban-rays, remember

you're not my dad

i hope you're absolutely sure about that, forz

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I don't know what Fecht is, I know what Fight Club is, and I still don't get how this thread is having more responses.

"Fecht" is Middle High German for "fight". This is a point where all "fencing" was "fighting", even though it primarily referred to combat with a weapon. So "fechten" is the German equivalent of "fencing", but really means "fighting" in its original context. 

Ergo, "Fecht" Club, context considered, actually means "Medieval German Sword Fight Club". 

• I'm a damn twisted person

Isn't there already a sword chatter thread?

• edited 2012-05-18 09:41:12
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Does Dagorhir count? :D

My friends apparently do that now, so I'm gonna check it out on Sunday, at the expense of our PTA game (which is going pretty well, at least). Don't have much interest in actual swordplay, though, so I'll leave the thread now that I've made my silly joke.