If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Lying, as a meme

edited 2012-05-17 14:45:02 in Webspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I just realized that lying is part of four separate memes.

1. "the cake is a lie" - a line scribbled on back hidden walls in the game Portal.

2. "Uso da!" - a line from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

3. "You lie!" - a line shouted at U.S. President Barack Obama by Representative Joe Wilson (R-SC-02) during a speech Obama made to a joint session of Congress in September 2009.

4. "I gut you like sheep." "Owww!  Sheep, you lied!" - a line said by D'n'd Greg in Teen Girl Squad issue 15, in response to Manolios Ugly One's gutting him like sheep, after the sheep said "It's not so bad."

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

"You lie!" - a line shouted at U.S. President Barack Obama by Representative Joe Wilson (R-SC-02) during a speech Obama made to a joint session of Congress in September 2009.

Did this actually happen? Was it followed by "Let this be our final battle"?

• Is that last one really a meme, though?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^^ Yes, and no.

^ Well, I think it is.