If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Seth MacFarlane: What happened?

GAPGAP
edited 2012-05-16 22:11:37 in General

I know there has been some hate threads on Family Guy but the new seasons irritate me to death. Granted, there are some episodes of the new seasons that are genuinely good but the recent episode of where Stewie and Brian where they meet their past selves made me realize how much the series has changed. It seems like every other character in the series is either jerkass or a complete monster, there was some severe character derailment for every character especially Brian who became the mouthpiece for right wing politics and atheism. That is not to say that American Dad and the Cleveland Show are that much better but Family Guy is worst of them all. What happened Seth? Who is on the writing staff?  Who is writing the new seasons?

Comments

• You can change. You can.

"What happened?"

he took a pen and decided to put it next to paper.

everything after that was just depressing.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Brian as a mouthpiece for atheism, yes. As a mouthpiece for rightwing politics, hahaha, no. Brian is incredibly liberal, just a jackass about it.

• edited 2012-05-16 22:30:47

American Dad is probably the only genuinely good thing Seth MacFarlane is involved in right now.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

American Dad is really spotty but it's a damn sight better than Family Guy and has some occasional genuine bits of brilliance.

That said, remember when the convicted rapist started lecturing Brian on his dating habits?

• Brian's politics are about as right-wing as a styrofoam cup is heavy.

• No rainbow star

Doesn't Family Guy currently have multiple writers?

That could be the issue with it

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I think the point might have been that Brian is a straw man of left wing politics, which if you didn't know about Seth's own politics would be a reasonable assumption.

• You can change. You can.

All Tv shows have multiple writers (Except for a few like The Wire). But MacFarlane is still executive producer so the show reflects his intentions and he's involved in some way in every episode's production.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Seth McFarlane is the perfect example of why editorial freedom is bad thing.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Why is Seth McFarlane's humor so rooted in exaggeration, awkwardness, and really unfunny mockery of stuff?

And why do people like it so much?

• I don't know,, I guess it is because they find it funny but they are actually really grating and annoying.

• It's on and off.  I mean, obviously waiting until you have a sizable fanbase to hijack your own show and use it as a soapbox counts as "off", but even the random references swing wildly between great and stupid and I'm not sure exactly what makes the good ones good.