If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

My primary ballot

BeeBee
edited 2012-05-15 03:06:17 in Politics

>Santorum

>Ron Paul

>Gingrich

>Romney

When Ron Paul is possibly the least insane person on the ballot, something has gone terribly, terribly wrong.

Comments

• edited 2012-05-15 09:44:11
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

why are you a registered Republican

...or does your state not have party registration and you just went and picked up a Republican primary ballot?

...or does your state have open primaries and you just went and picked up a Republican primary ballot?

...or are you a non-Republican voting in the Republican primary for shits and giggles, or for political purposes?

Well, okay, I shouldn't be faulting you for being a registered Republican.  However, I can say, this is what happens to the political party that has chosen to purge those who are not ideologically aligned with its core base.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    That reminds me, I still need to get registered to vote.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

We could make an IJBM voter registration drive.

• this is what happens to the political party that has chosen to purge those who are not ideologically aligned with its core base.

The Democrats were about one election cycle slower on the uptake, but they're doing it too at this point.  At this point special interest groups have enough power to support carbon-copy candidates pretty much everywhere, turning the party of their choice into a consummate echo chamber, which then points outward and sells their constituents sanitized versions of their own views and that anything deviating from it is BAD.  Like, since I was in high school I've watched random dudes in my home town -- on both sides -- drop their dissenting viewpoints and start lockstepping.  It's disgusting.

• edited 2012-05-15 15:04:05
    smote
    "The Democrats were about one election cycle slower on the uptake, but they're doing it too at this point."

If 2016's Democratic primaries look anything like 2012's Republican primaries, I will be surprised. Also, terrified.

Although I guess that means there's a chance of someone quoting Pokemon again.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2012-05-15 15:10:23

Might as well stock up on Prozac then.  Pick any major issue the Democrats have failed on this last cycle, and any Democrat who opposed it has already been targeted in the primaries.  If they fail to pass it again by 2016 I can pretty much assure you they'll be just as rabid.

• edited 2012-05-15 15:12:48
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^^ Nah.  Instead, Rachel Maddow will quote Digimon.

^^^ I disagree; trying to get congressional Democrats to agree on something continues to be like herding cats.  Here's some other people's commentary about the issue.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Paul sounded like a cool guy to me.

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-05-15 15:45:44

Paul's like 2/3 sane (and his son was one of the only 7 people to vote against NDAA, which I actually have mad respect for), but he's still got a hardon for unregulated market, and that's currently what's castrating everything right now.

^^ Yes, that's why they're pushing to crystallize.  If they don't, they'll effectively be a non-entity against a party that did it quicker.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Uh-huuuuuh... okay, I kind of didn't look at it this way.

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-05-15 15:53:09

He's got a lot of views that we desperately need represented right now -- holding back draconian security, increased access to 3rd parties, etc., and I'm happy to have him in congress just for that, even if he's got some highly questionable views elsewhere.  But if we don't fix the economy right now we're fucked sideways.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Speaking of Ron Paul, didn't he just announce that he's not actively funding his campaign anymore, and focusing on delegate shenanigans from this point forward, to try to maximize his leverage come convention-time?