If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

World-Building Drama

edited 2012-05-13 11:17:14 in Webspace

There are several series I follow online that occasionally incorporate fan stories and characters into the canon, usually by way of an official wiki or encyclopedia.

While there are indeed some excellent stories and characters that are produced this way, as well as a lot of creative world-building ideas to expand the different settings, there is always some amount of drama produced this way, in part due to some people trying to push their ideas without seeking to improve or refine them, and the general bickering among the community about quality control.

While I do thoroughly enjoy the output of such communities, seeing the internal arguments and drama can really be tiring, and a few times it's caused me to leave some of them for a while.