If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The IJBM Chronicles Thread

edited 2012-05-11 00:58:32 in IJBM meta

This might come in handy.

Comments

• edited 2012-05-11 01:00:03

IJBM II's One Year Anniversary

IJBM II was created on January 8th, 2011.

Slightly less than a year later, LouieW creates "IJBM II's One Year Anniversary" and suggests a questionnaire regarding personal experiences and opinions on both old and new IJBM, as well as TV Tropes now and then and its relation to IJBM. A relatively large number of users participate in it.

On the 6th, Juan_Carlos creates "The Welcome Page" after various questionnaire entries bring it up, in which drafts are made for a welcome page for potential new users until reaching its final form (used for the "About us" link at the top of pages).

On the 8th, Anonus mentions Beyond The Lampshade, starting a discussion about it. This would be the first time some users find about it as well as the first of many such discussions would spring up about it on IJBM.

That same day, after Stormtroper suggests replacing the old banner, GlennMagusHarvey and Unknown_Entity start trying out new banners. This is brought up on "Suggest forum changes/features and report bugs here!". CounterClock creates "New Logo!" in which opinions and suggestions for it are laid out. Eventually it's settled that the old banner is preferred.

Before concluding, the anniversary thread would continue on discussions about Beyond The Lampshade, a suggestion for a fantasy sports league, and the "one for every hour" meme.

• Time Warp

On 18/4/12 a glitch caused a desynchronization on the server, making each new post's timestamp to mark four hours earlier than it should have. This also made them be placed before posts made earlier (in real-life time). The ensuing confusion started and for the most part took place in "IJBMer Updates" starting here (that being the first out-of-place post, keep in mind posts made before are interweaved throughout it). Posting in a thread would put all the posts in their correct order until one reloads the page, as a result posters on that thread would shitpost so they could read the newest posts, these posts being mostly shitposts made for the same reason in a sort of chain reaction. After much amusing confusion, the nature of the glitch is unraveled.

This glitch also hindered the discussion going on at "The new don't-panic thread for the TV Tropes pedo purge" (again, this being the first out-of-place post). To get around this, the thread is locked and restarted.

This is brought up on "Suggest forum changes/features and report bugs here!".

CentralAvenue creates "ok like if i start a new thread will that work properly". "Images you know you'll never use. (Now NSFW)" is also affected.

Everest creates "Holy crap I'm hyper right now", where posters state how much fun they had during this.

• You can change. You can.

That same day, after Stormtroper suggests replacing the old banner

you should be calling yourself, "Stormtroper, History of it just bugs me-gawa"

...i'll just show myself out.

• you should be calling yourself, "Stormtroper, History of it just bugs me-gawa"

...i'll just show myself out.

The funny thing is (if I remember correctly, probably not) this whole chronicling thing is the result of various convoluted ideas that really did begin with that card.

• What will the "Reserved" posts eventually be about?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I wonder if there will be posts about when the rules posts were updated and stuff.

• ^^ IJBM I's deletion and recreation (which I have no idea how to go about writing), and our threads on Troper Tales' deletion.

^ Probably, though since many of these updates are the result of drama, the other thread already has a bunch of them cataloged.