If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Arrested Development

edited 2012-05-07 21:12:43 in IJAM
I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Because why not?

So I just finished watching the entire series, and the ending to "The Ocean Walker" is one of the best endings to any show I have ever seen. And my favorite line of dialogue in the entire show is:

Narrator: On the next Arrested Development, having finally consummated his marriage, GOB can finally admit that he never consummated his marriage.

GOB: Your honor, I never consummated my marriage.

Wife of GOB: He's lying, here are the pictures I took of us having sexual intercourse. [picture of GOB in Abu Ghraib-style stance and robes]

Narrator: Thankfully, he catches a lucky break.

Judge: There's a robe over this man's face. There's no way to tell his identity.

Narrator: Unfortunately, it doesn't last long.

GOB: Oh, that's me, your honor. I totally fucked my wife.

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Arrested Development is the best comedy series I've ever seen.  I'm ridiculously excited for the new season.

• You can change. You can.

Arrested Development is, along with Spaced, the best sitcom in this blue earth.

• edited 2012-05-08 19:34:50
    I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

I also really happen to appreciate the long-running setups for jokes. In the planned fourth season, there was to be a storyline about Tobias being an albino black man, which is hinted at with the book cover for The Man Inside Me and this exchange:

Michael: "Tobias" sounds like the name of a burly black guy.

Tobias: Well, Michael, I'm no burly guy.

e: also, there are these:

Lucille: There was a colored man in my apartment!

Michael: What color?

Lucille: Blue.

Maeby: Why aren't you upset that Lindsay is going out with Ice [a black, gay man]?

Tobias: Well, I guess I'm just happy that she's going after my own type.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

I'd hate to bring it up again, but I just noticed another joke. In "Burning Love," when the news anchor is talking about the charity auction where ladies are bid for, the subtitle for the segment is "Antiques Sold at Auction." It's utterly insane how much detail has been put into this show.