If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Mexican Coca Cola

MrWMrW
edited 2012-05-07 07:13:20 in IJAM

I don't think I've ever seen a foreign version of a beverage get this popular locally.

Though considering that from my experience, it's much better than the domestic version, I'm not surprised.

Has anyone else spotted this, or even tried it?

Comments

• edited 2012-05-07 07:28:41
    My arms are falling off!

It's good, but I don't drink it a lot because I rarely drink soda anymore. The main attraction is that it uses actual cane sugar, not HFCS.

• My experience is that it's a very sweet flavor that cuts itself short quickly.

Root beer's still the superior drink, anyway.
  • edited 2012-05-07 09:46:40

I don't drink anything but water (and milk when at home) BUT...I have several friends who live together, and when it comes to regular soda, they only drink Mexican Coke and love it. And I find the glass bottle somewhat charming. 

(For reference, we are about 10 miles from Boston...I don't know if it's sold everywhere, or where in town they get it. Probably just at the main Hannaford's grocery store.)

• It's found in quite a few places, actually. We buy cases of it from Costco, but we also found bottles being sold at a Home Depot, of all places. 

• They're somethin' else.

So, it's not just the glass bottle appeal :/

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I've had my local supermarket sell Mexican Coke, and yeah, it's so much better it's not funny.

• ^^ I've heard there were studies that suggested that it is in fact just because it's a glass bottle, but, well, I don't have any links and I don't really feel like putting in the effort to look for them so...

• Actually, the main draw seems to stem from the fact that it's closer to the original flavor, e.g. there's no high fructose corn syrup. Still, there's definitely some nostalgia involved too, hence the idea that the green bottle is a factor.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

that it is in fact just because it's a glass bottle

But it actually does have different ingredients. That's not something that's up for debate.