If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

http://ronaldreagan.com/

edited 2012-05-06 14:09:11 in IJAM
I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Create your own, conservative Reagan-themed email address!

I was going to make IranContra@ronaldreagan.com, but sadly it had already been taken. 

Comments

• We have reviewed your resume' and we find you delicious.
    You know, isn't president worship exactly the kind of thing the founding fathers tried to avoid?
  • I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Oh that's just silly. Next you'll be telling me that George Washington's farewell speech told the United States not to interfere in the affairs of other countries.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

You know, isn't president worship exactly the kind of thing the founding fathers tried to avoid?

Maybe so.

avoid president worship

calling them founding fathers

Isn't this irony or something?

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Well American schoolchildren are indoctrinated taught to love the Founding Fathers even though it's always conveniently left out that a) Thomas Paine was basically a social anarchist b) most of the Presidents were deists and, with the exception of Hamilton and Adams, hated big government and c) would probably start retching at the right and their attempts to paint them as Jesus-led saviours of the modern world.

• Is Thomas Paine technically one of the Founding Fathers, though? I thought you had to have signed the Declaration of Independence and/or been involved in drafting the Constitution of the US.

Paine wasn't either, although he was admired by many of the FFs for defending the American cause. I'm also not sure you could call him a social anarchist, as he proposed an early version of the Welfare State.

I agree that most of the FFs would not have been over-impressed by the way they are portrayed by the modern Republican right.

He was an anarchist in the sense that he advocated a "throw a revolt and start it again" strategy for getting rid of corrupt regimes. And he wasn't technically a founding father, but his ideas profoundly influenced them and he's mentioned in history textbooks as such.