If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Freaking out about exams.

edited 2012-05-04 14:37:32 in Meatspace
Yea... erm...

We're in the month of May! And you know what that means kiddies? EXAM SEASON! Be prepared to feel stressed out and...

Ah, fuck it. I can't do jokes when I'm like this. I've got exams starting in two weeks and sometime next month, and I'm completely freaking out about them and I'm worried that I'm gonna completely flunk each and every one of them. And I have to revise and prepare for all 4 of my exams, but all I'm doing is slacking off and trying to forget about it. Which isn't even working. I really want to know what to do before I have a mental breakdown and sing Kumbaya whilst cheerfully telling people my ways of killing people that eat spaghetti with meatballs. In my underwear. covered in mash potatoes. In fetal position.

Comments

• edited 2012-05-04 14:41:11
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

This video is not a joke.  The music's gradually increasing texture (at least to me) represents the increasing anxiety as each precious moment ticks away before you have to face (what seems like) doomsday.

• edited 2012-05-04 14:48:27
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Oh, and the Final Toccata applies double if you've been pulling an all-nighter and are greeted to the glorious choir-of-angels-issuing-their-final-judgement-against-you feeling of watching the sun rise and being reminded that you have no time left and you are so totally screwed.

• You can change. You can.

The secret is turning your computer off and go to your room to study

• No rainbow star
    ^ I thought the secret was hoping that the exam hall gets bombed
  • Your petty hopes are fruitless. No matter what random events may occur, anything that results in the cancelling of your exams will never happen.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Fun fact: My idea for Castlevania @ MIT has Walker Gymnasium, the large third-floor room and former gymnasium that's now commonly used for final exams (and other major exams), as the place of the final battle against Dracula.

• You think freaking out about exams sucks now?  You'll keep getting nightmares about upcoming exams long after you graduate.

^ This is so true.

• No rainbow star

I don't have nightmares about exams. Often I forget to study and end up doing well on them anyways =/

You don't know how many "dull nightmares" I've had of being unprepared for exams, presentations, and the like.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

My dad finally stopped having exam nightmares in the last four years or so.

He's 59.

• edited 2012-05-04 23:42:59
    a little muffled

I haven't had exam nightmares so far. Though I did have a completely bizarre and nonsensical pre-exam dream, which, if I recall correctly, involved me piloting a mecha immediately before the exam.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Though I have never been one to freak out before an examination—I have extremely good declarative memory, and if I like a subject, I remember the important details to a letter—but I have several times freaked out during ones. Partly this is because I am very bad at taking major, long-form tests in certain environments; I become claustrophobic, worry about time, get headaches and so forth. Once I even had a full-on panic attack. It wasn't fun.

• edited 2012-05-05 03:31:44
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

I don't have nightmares about exams. Often I forget to study and end up doing well on them anyways =/

This was the case for me throughout high school. Except for the final 2 years, when the last part kinda stopped ringing true.

• I still occasionally have exam nightmares, despite not having sat an exam since 1998.

For arts/essay-based subjects, anyway, the best way of dealing with exams is to know what your opinion is on the question that's asked, and develop your argument by setting out the evidence in support of it, whilst acknowledging that there's other evidence that goes against it (even though you don't agree with it for XYZ reason).

And DON'T FUCKING PANIC.

• For some reason I've never had exam nightmares, despite the panic attacks, feeling sick etc. things being commonplace.

I actually started having exam nightmares _after_ finishing my degree.