If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Romney: "I can relate to black people because my ancestors owned slaves"

edited 2012-05-02 20:15:13 in Politics
smote

Is this literally the most racist thing you can say? I'm having trouble thinking of anything worse (I suppose the tone could be more racist, but the actual content?).

The implications of him thinking this is an effective strategy are disturbing, to say the least.

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I clicked on this thread assuming that was out of context or misquoted or anything, but...

D:<

• We have reviewed your resume' and we find you delicious.

Oh Romney, you card.

• You can change. You can.

um

the banner reads "News that's almost reliable" and this was in the related news.

• edited 2012-05-02 20:26:46
    Has friends besides tanks now

Uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh . . .

When, exactly, did our country run out of viable presidential candidates, again?

^ Probably should've clicked the article first. I just figured that, since a bunch of other people in the thread were upset over it, it was legitimate news. I'll check it out.

. . . Yup, it's fake.

• edited 2012-05-02 20:24:58
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^Ah, okay. That's good. I feel dumb now >.>

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

FYI: Free Wood Post is a parody news site.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Now that Newt and Santorum are gone, it's only him and Paul for the GOP candidate, right?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

We know that Romney is a doofus, but that doesn't mean you should be like John Fleming.

Friends don't let friends be like John Fleming.

• We have reviewed your resume' and we find you delicious.

Duffy confirmed for idiot.

for what is worth, i fell for it till someone else pointed it out

• FYI: Free Wood Post is a parody news site.

Is there a web forum equivalent of seppuku so I can save face, here?

sepuguu~

• I will disembowel myself with Worldslayer.

Probably won't need anyone to be my second.

Wouldn't miss it for the world. 

Surely, you'll slay the audience with that one. 

etc

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Now that Newt and Santorum are gone, it's only him and Paul for the GOP candidate, right?

Yep, now it's only Romney. 

• That wasn't exactly a cut above, Juan.

• edited 2012-05-03 01:27:35
    Likes cheesecake unironically.

The banner (which isn't exactly small) says "News that's almost reliable" and the other stories (or "Almost News") are quite weird and unbelievable too. How could one even be fooled?

Or rather, how can one overlook all this so easily?

• ^ For one thing, it's arguably less offensive than some of the stuff Santorum has been confirmed as saying.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

To be fair, Romney has said similar things, like saying at a Nascar rally he had friends that owned Nascar divisions.

• Has friends besides tanks now

I didn't check the article-just read the reactions of people here-and apparently they overlooked the banner/didn't click the article, either.

• Here's a disclaimer on the website. Basically, it's like The Onion, but with slightly more believable "news."

• edited 2012-05-03 12:43:08

This is a bit as if David Cameron were to be reported as saying that he understood poverty, because his ancestors employed many poor people. It fits the image that everyone has of him, but it's just that bit too obviously stupid for him to actually say.

• To be fair, Romney has said similar things, like saying at a Nascar rally he had friends that owned Nascar divisions.

That was, i believe, where this joke came from.

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-05-03 16:30:40

There is actually a good chance he would relate to black people in a very literal sense were this the case, seeing how slaveowners had sex with their slaves a lot...

*flamethrower'd*