If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Tarabich Prophecies

edited 2012-05-02 17:11:49 in IJAM
if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

As much as I am naturally inclined towards viewing the world in a logical, rational way, there are ocassions when I come to question the entire foundations of my worldview and start looking into mysticism and irrationality. This is one of those ocassions.

The Tarabich Prophecies are a collection of prophecies as told by the supposed seer Mitar Tarabich, a Serbian 19th century peasant, and written down by the village priest. Unlike the usual, cryptic prophecies like the Nostradamus ones, his prophecies are entirely straightforward, factual and concrete, if perhaps colored by a simple peasant's view of the world. His prophecies are centered around the 20th and the 21st century, all of the ones that were already supposed to happen being surprisingly accurate, and are mostly about the political events in Serbia, the world, as well as things like technology, society and spiritualism. There are also a few very vague glimpses of a supposed Third World War, where everyone will get screwed except for the Aussies.

Go on and read them. I promise that it won't leave you disappointed.

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Perhaps after a while. But in general - as my dad said, if all these prophecies are to be believed, then we've already survived like a dozen ends of the world.

This reminds me - do your prophecies say that Serbia is going to become a great empire, or is under a special protection of Deity of Choice? This kind of thing seems to be a common theme here. 

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

There are also a few very vague glimpses of a supposed Third World War, where everyone will get screwed except for the Aussies.

Don't wanna hurt no kangaroos, it seems. 

This is interesting stuff and certainly holds more water than Nostradamus-style predictions. I generally consider myself a person of reason, but from time to time there are certainly bizarre things that just happen. For instance, I recall instances from very early childhood where I observed myself in the third person. In one of these instances, the events I observed have been confirmed by others. 

I hope Tarabich is wrong about WWIII. But if he's not, then, uh, party at mine? 

• More accurate, still generic enough to not be uncanny. I'm more interested by the speculation that the Serbian government has a more detailed file secretly stored away, and the disclaimer that prophecy do not have to come true at the end. Sounds like storywriting material.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

IJBM is the sixth Google result for them XD

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

IJBM is the sixth Google result for them XD

Ha, that is amazing. XD

This reminds me - do your prophecies say that Serbia is going to become a great empire, or is under a special protection of Deity of Choice? This kind of thing seems to be a common theme here. 

Just now I've discovered that these prophecies have multiple versions, some of which claim that Serbia will become exactly that; read more below.

I've taken a glimpse at a book that offers a sceptical perspective towards the prophecies. It is definite that they had been modifed a countless times and that there is a ton of different version coming out at different, or even same, time periods. The different versions of the prophecies were, during the first half of the 20th century, used by politicians to further their own agendas, and it is claimed that most of it is written by them. The "current" version of the prophecies was published as late as 1982.

The only things that are certain are that there existed a village prophet by the name of Tarabich, that his priest was wirting down the prophecies in his manuscript, that the original manuscript was lost or destroyed during WW2, and that the prophecy about the priest dying on the same year as the end of the First World War was there in the original, and that it came out to be true. The sceptics claim that he got sick during the breakthrough of the Salonica front, and that he refused to take any medicine in hopes that his death would lead to a quick end of the war.

But that again raises an interesting question - if the prophecies (as detailed in the original, lost manuscript) were inaccurate up to the point where they detail the First World War, why would the priest sacrifice his life just like that?

It leaves us with three possibilites:

1) the whole thing was a load of shit to begin with;

2) Tarabich's prophecies are true, but that doesn't mean anything to us since the original is lost and the "prophecies" which we are reading are forgeries;

3) Somehow, we are reading the real Tarabich's prophecies (almost impossible).

So, I would venture to say that this is (almost) debunked.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Wait a minute, do I understand it right? Dude prophecied he'd die on a certain day, and he died on that day? This reminds me of that mathematician/magician/they had weird interests in the Renaissance, Cardano, who hanged himself out of shame that he told everyone he'd die on that day, and it was getting late, and he was still alive, and it seemed he was going to be wrong.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

No, the priest was prophecied by Tarabich that he's going to die on the same year when WW1 ends, just before the peace. He indeed got sick during the final days of the war, and refused treatment because he thought that his death would cause peace.