If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

How did oil get under the ground if dinosaurs lived on the surface?

edited 2012-04-25 14:35:08 in Politics
I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/04/how-did-dinosaurs-get-miles-under-the-earth/?cat_orig=us

This is just one of the hard-hitting questions asked in the new book “The Great Oil Conspiracy: How the U.S. Government Hid the Nazi Discovery of Abiotic Oil from the American People.”

Comments

• Kichigai birthday!!

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Corsi took to the airwaves last night, on “Coast to Coast AM,” which airs on more than 560 stations in the U.S. and others in Canada, Mexico and Guam, to explain the evidence he has uncovered.

I think we're done here.

• No rainbow star
    Don't they know?

Mole people did it
  • Yeah, the Nazis had all kinds of crazy stuff. I even heard they had the Ark of the Covenant. I think it's in a warehouse now though.

• Champion of the Whales

People who think like this get their own show in Murrica?

I have one question, WHY?

• Back in Black

People who think like this get their own show in Murrica?

I have one question, WHY?

Because Americans would rather hear a crazy explanation for why something is untrue than believe that things are going profoundly poorly and a lot of it is their fault, and/or that the Bible isn't infallible and was in fact written by a large group of unwashed peasants who didn't have goddamn clue what science was. 

• edited 2012-04-25 15:15:19

That Fischer-Tropsch process is apparently real, though. Still, "how did dinosaurs get miles underground" sounds dumb, considering that fossil fuels come mainly from plants.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^ that was my first thought upon seeing this thread's title

• Champion of the Whales

Because Americans would rather hear a crazy explanation for why something is untrue than believe that things are going profoundly poorly and a lot of it is their fault, and/or that the Bible isn't infallible and was in fact written by a large group of unwashed peasants who didn't have goddamn clue what science was. 

Oh okay :(

In a normal country, this person would be laughed off as a loony

Then again, by this rule of thumb, a lot of countries are not normal.  Most third-world countries would be abnormal.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Yes, let's judge an entire country when one loon goes on to a radio station to talk about a crazy theory, and assume that the majority of the population will take this explanation without hesitation.

• edited 2012-04-25 15:34:05

Yes, let's judge an entire country when one loon goes on to a radio station to talk about a crazy theory, and assume that the majority of the population will take this explanation without hesitation.

THANK YOU.

Seriously, America isn't off a country full of Bible-humping irrational people just because is one person on one radio talk show is a loony.

In a normal country, this person would be laughed off as a loony

He's going to be laughed off as a loony in America too.

• edited 2012-04-25 15:35:16
    Back in Black

Seriously, you all seem way to willing to write America off as a country full of Bible-humping irrational people even though this is one person on one radio talk show.

In this country, the Republican Party is considered a legitimate political entity capable of fielding candidates to hold office, such candidates including people like Sarah Palin, Rick Santorum, and Rick Perry. Questions like "is evolution valid," "is global warming a hoax, and if not are you sure people are the primary problem/cause" and "should we really have universal health care run by the government" are considered perfectly normal and debatable ideas, and not laughing stock bullshit.

So yeah, we can be written off, and rightly so.

Now remember that we have nuclear weapons and the most powerful military to have ever existed in the history of Planet Earth and are perfectly willing to send it to any country that looks at us crosseyed without a second thought. 

Pakistan, India, and possibly Iran and North Korea also have nuclear weapons.  Your point is...actually validated, come to think of it.

• edited 2012-04-25 15:41:04

The Republican Party is considered a legitimate political entity capable of fielding candidates to hold office,

Different opinions and views. People are allowed to have them.

such candidates including people like Sarah Palin, Rick Santorum, and Rick Perry.

And Rick Perry and Sarah Palin are complete laughingstocks. I don't understand Santorum, though. So are you saying that we should just get rid of the Republican Party? Starting to sound a bit like that guy on TVTropes who said old people shouldn't be allowed to vote because most are Republicans.

I'm not going to get into a discussion about military policies. Just... no. 

• edited 2012-04-25 15:42:23
    Back in Black

Pakistan, India, and possibly Iran and North Korea also have nuclear weapons.  Your point is...actually validated, come to think of it.

Pakistan is pseudo-fascist, North Korea is a fascist monarchy, Iran is theocratic and opportunistically power-hungry, and India is a failed state in the making as it utterly fails to control or provide for its population. 

There's also Russia, a budding corporatist mirror-image of the United States with less pretenses to democracy, and China, a corporatist one-party state that is ironically probably one of the least worst of this list. 

And then France and Britain, which are reasonably sane, and Israel, which is decidedly not.

So, what, out of a list of nine countries with nukes, two are actually adult enough to have them?  That's real fucking promising, I tell you. 

Different opinions and views. People are allowed to have them.

Such as "people who aren't white and evangelical Protestant are worthless" and "government should give head to corporations every damn day."  Yeah, that's real goddamn nice for a party platform, I tell you. 

And Rick Perry and Sarah Palin are complete laughingstocks. I don't understand Santorum, though.

Laughingstocks among liberals.  Among conservatives, they're saviors who they would elect in a heartbeat if it were only up to them. 

I'm not going to get into a discussion about military policies. Just... no.

Well then you ignore a fundamental reason why the US is merely a hegemonic, corporatist imperial state based around exercising military force to spread a strong sphere of capitalistic interest, as every empire before it has been and every empire after it will be, until the end of human civilization. 

• edited 2012-04-25 15:49:19

Such as "people who aren't white and evangelical Protestant are worthless" and "government should give head to corporations every damn day."  Yeah, that's real goddamn nice for a party platform, I tell you. 

So political freedom is a thing.

Laughingstocks among liberals.  Among conservatives, they're saviors who they would elect in a heartbeat if it were only up to them. 

Which is why Rick Perry didn't win a single caucus, and Santorum wasn't even going to be voted in his own home state?

• edited 2012-04-25 15:50:30
    Back in Black

So political freedom is a thing.

Ah yes, the freedom to plant my thick steel-toed boot on the throat of the poor and oppressed.

God how I love the smell of Randian thought in the morning.  Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul...

• "people who aren't white and evangelical Protestant are worthless"

"So political freedom is a thing."

I'm sorry, but are you listening to yourself?

• edited 2012-04-25 15:56:30
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Note: There is a huge leap in logic between criticizing a Government's policies and assuming that there isn't public opposition to those policies (hint: there's loads of it), and strawmanning that population because of it.

^^,^Oh good. More strawmanning.

• edited 2012-04-25 15:53:24
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^^I'm having a hard time following this conversation. Are you comparing him to Ayn Rand because he claims that people with those political views are allowed to exist, or...?

• edited 2012-04-25 15:59:24
    Back in Black

I'm having a hard time following this conversation. Are you comparing him to Ayn Rand because he claims that people with those political views are allowed to exist, or...?

Well, it's a two-fold joke.  First joke is that the Republican Party is intensely Randian.  The second thing is that his argument is like the Randian "just because rich people are not being oppressed by THE GOVERNMENT (tm) doesn't mean they'll exploit and hurt the poor."  He's talking about political freedom and not acknowledging that this freedom is being used to drive the country into the ground and take everyone else with it, ethnic minorities and women at the front to serve as the force breaker. 

There is a huge leap in logic between criticizing a Government's policies and assuming that there isn't public opposition to those policies (hint: there's loads of it), and generalizing that population because of it.

Ah yes, the "get the government out of my healthcare!" argument.  Because obviously there's something wrong with low-cost, high-efficiency healthcare because THE GOVERNMENT (tm) (~gasp~) runs it.  Seriously, those people are fucking stupid and it's sad that this country suffers greatly because of people like them. 

And that's just one example.  Basically, the American populace is hell-bent on not being helped.  There's a great article around here somewhere which illustrates the point.  Anyhow, yes, I comprehend that these people don't like these ideas.  Well, tough shit.  The alternative is we hit peek resource capacity in 2030 and humanity is utterly fucked by 2150. 

Edit:  Wait, I've misread your argument.

Of course there are sane Americans who oppose the awful shit our government does.  But frankly, there aren't enough of them, and they aren't doing enough.  Worse yet, there are far more horrible people who support this shit, knowingly or unknowingly as to the awfulness of it. 

• edited 2012-04-25 16:01:15

"Note: There is a huge leap in logic between criticizing a Government's policies and assuming that there isn't public opposition to those policies (hint: there's loads of it), and generalizing that population because of it."

If anything, blaming the population is counterproductive because most societal idiocy stems from systemic problems such as education. I think the biggest one is that the USA is so culturally insular, which fosters ignorance.

"Oh good. More strawmanning."

That particular argument was on the same level of intelligence as the original response.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Ah yes, the "get the government out of my healthcare!" argument.  Because obviously there's something wrong with low-cost, high-efficiency healthcare because THE GOVERNMENT (tm) (~gasp~) runs it.  

It would be excellent if the US government would provide low-cost, high-efficiency healthcare. Unfortunately, the US healthcare system is more like high-cost, low-efficiency healthcare.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Ah yes, the "get the government out of my healthcare!" argument.  Because obviously there's something wrong with low-cost, high-efficiency healthcare because THE GOVERNMENT (tm) (~gasp~) runs it.  Seriously, those people are fucking stupid and it's sad that this country suffers greatly because of people like them.

Thank you for completely misinterpreting my argument, and putting shitloads of words in my mouth to boot.

• edited 2012-04-25 16:00:48
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Here's the problem with the U.S. Republican Party's ideological tenets these days:

1. They are really awesome, when you first think about them.

2. When you attempt to apply them directly to real life, they produce disastrous results.

Also, it would help if people didn't go into heavy sarcasm/satire mode whenever politics is discussed.

• What are we discussing anyway?

• edited 2012-04-25 16:03:48
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^We were SUPPOSED to be making fun of a guy who doesn't know how oil is formed.

• edited 2012-04-25 16:04:36
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I'm not sure this thread was ever about anything. Well, not politically, at any rate.