If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

[poll] Which version of the site do you use?

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I just did and I was still logged in.

Seems it's not consistent, but it definitely happens for some people.

• You can change. You can.

I think it might be definetly people logged on both. I mean, I am logged on both sites because of the links fucking shit up and me being too lazy to just like change sites, maaan

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Yeah, I definitely might have logged myself onto the "other" IJBM by entering from an off-site link and not even knowing it.

• The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

> What's the difference besides url? Me no understand Internet

Cookies count 'www.itjustbugsme.com' and 'itjustbugsme.com' as 2 separate domains, so you might be logged in on one, but not the other. 

• edited 2012-04-24 20:34:55
    probably human

BURN THE WWW
    PURGE IT FROM THIS EARTH

:P My bookmark just leads to the WWW-less version, so I stick with that.

• With. I didn't realise there was any difference.

Incidentally, if you do a search for "it just bugs me" you also come up with an abandoned blog by a grumpy-sounding American guy. At least, you do on Bing.

Yeah, I'm sure it is a shitty and uncool search engine, before anyone tells me that.

• edited 2012-04-25 03:33:09

Google brings up www. 

^ And on a side note, Bing isn't so bad. Their basic search seems inferior to Google (when I search for the name of a specific website, that website is often not anywhere near the first result), but their video search is the best I've seen.

• The one with the shorter URL.

• Kichigai birthday!!

www.

• edited 2012-04-25 12:14:26
    Has friends besides tanks now
    itjustbugsme.com

I haven't used www. anywhere in . . . since I started using Chrome, I think.
  • Champion of the Whales

FF wont even let me just "www."

• No rainbow star
    ^ It lets me put in www.
  • We have reviewed your resume' and we find you delicious.
    I use www. for everything, out of habit.
  • sans www.

• Back in Black

With www.  Never knew there was any other version, or a difference between the two, honestly. 

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

dubya dubya dubya

because I am a man of tradition dammit.

• There's a difference? I always thought that you could just skip the "www" for any website an it would just fill it in for you.

There's a difference? I always thought that you could just skip the "www" for any website an it would just fill it in for you.

It doesn't fill it in for you because, well, it doesn't actually serve any purpose anymore. The only reason there's a difference here is because if your login cookie says "itjustbugsme.com" and you're on "www.itjustbugsme.com," it won't work.

• edited 2012-04-27 16:06:20
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Right, I suppose I should count these up...

With WWW:

1. Milos

2. Stormtroper

3. Nyktos

4. Crimson

5. MadassAlex

6. FeoTakahari

7. nohaynicklibre

8. MacDuffy

9. Flyboy

10. Malkavian

11. captainbrass

Without WWW:

1. INUH

2. DYRE

3. Forzare

4. Bee

5. ninjaclown

6. Juan

7. InsanityAddict

8. Firebert

9. Delta534

10. Unknown_Entity

11. CountryPumpkin

12. Nova

13. dracosketch

14. Wicked223

15. LouieW

16. GentlemanOrcus

17. dmboogie

18. Naas_H_Sapiens 

19. Everest

20. Whale

21. Protega

22. Saigyouji

A few votes weren't clear; If I count them, it tips it even further towards the without-www version.

Okay, UE, looks like you'll want to redirect the WWW version to the non-WWW version if/when you get around to doing that.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I'm guessing the site probably checks for "[its base URL]" for its cookies, and queries the browser for what its base URL is.

• INUH - FWIW, I should be on the www. list.

Fix'd.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Without www., although that's mostly because I have it set as a bookmark. :P

Not that I use www anyway.

• The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

> Okay, UE, looks like you'll want to redirect the WWW version to the non-WWW version if/when you get around to doing that.

Just got the redirect setup; www. users, let me know if something doesn't redirect correctly

Excellent. Thanks.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Incidentally, Google search results for this site point to the www version.  So so far, Google search results lead me to pages where I'm not logged in.

And now, as far as I can tell, it works!

• edited 2012-04-29 15:05:08

Incidentally, Google search results for this site point to the www version.

That is rather odd, considering that back when this thread hadn't started its second page, Google had the shorter URL as a higher result. Actually, seems that now, the old Vanilla site is the top result. I'm confused...

• Malk's profile is the second-highest result... >.>