If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Trying to sleep when you're sick

edited 2012-04-23 05:26:48 in General
...and laying awake, not entirely sure if you've fallen asleep.

It's that feeling that you're in a state of twilight limbo, stuck between waking and slumber that feels like a nightmare.

Comments

• edited 2012-04-23 09:29:51
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

I know that feel. A few weeks ago I went to bed one night with a bit of an upset stomach (most likely my own fault for eating pizza and drinking cola while my body was at a right angle on the couch), and I tried to sleep but I couldn't no matter what. It's probably that I was too worried about throwing up in my sleep (remember how Jimi Hendrix died? yeah) and my subconscious just wasn't letting the Sandman in for that very reason, but still...

• You can change. You can.

Doesn't happen to me when I'm sick, but it happened to me yesterday quite a lot, actually.

• Fuschlatz - I suspect the caffeine in the Coke probably didn't help either.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Trying to sleep when you have even just a runny nose is really hard.

• My arms are falling off!

I know that feeling all too well. In fact, I've had a few times where I irrationally fear that I'll die in my sleep.

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-04-24 01:04:29

Ugh.  That half-sleep limbo is how most of my nights get spent.  I think I actually sleep better when I'm sick because my body bothers to shut down that far when it feels like crap.

The worst one though is sleeping with allergies in full swing.  Nose waterfalls and eyes on fire are not conducive to relaxing.

• No rainbow star

Glenn: I just sit up in bed and fall asleep like that

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

@OP: That is a really horrifying feeling. Back when I was about fourteen, I had an extremely high fever and spent most of the night sitting in my room in the dark, "In the Court of the Crimson King" repeating ad infinitum in my head, wondering if I was dreaming or not.