If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This site's favicon (the tiny image next to the URL bar)

edited 2012-04-21 18:49:33 in IJBM meta

Um, what is that picture, exactly?

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I have no clue.
  • edited 2012-04-21 18:52:58
    a little muffled

It's a piece of cake with a crossed-out circle. I don't know why.

IIRC, people (myself included) were complaining about the site having the generic Vanilla favicon so GMH changed it to something random.

• edited 2012-04-21 18:53:42

I've been wondering since... whenever it was put there.

Edit: ^ If it's a cake, then it's because it's a lie.

• You can change. You can.

cake is a lie

Wow...really? -_-
  • Has friends besides tanks now

Yup, cake's apparently a lie.

We could probably come up with something more fitting.

• edited 2012-04-21 18:57:06
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    the cake is a lie

uuuuuuuuugh, that's what that is? change it plz
  • a little muffled

Wow...really? -_-

...But you even posted in the thread where this was explained.

• well for me the cake is literally a lie since it doesn't show up on my url bar since i use chrome

also ha ha oh wow

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

If it's a cake, then it's because it's a lie.

It got a laugh out of me for the sheer "haha what" factor.

Now it's just gonna annoy me.

^^^I must have suppressed the memory.
  • Huh, I don't remember that thread either. But I didn't post there anyway.

• edited 2012-04-21 22:17:40
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

It wasn't my idea; it was UE's.  He's a big fan of Portal.

Find us a better favicon and we might use that.

• I honestly thought it was a crossed out picture of a dog.

• I don't mind it, insofar as it makes it easier to tell IJBM tabs apart from HH tabs (which still have the default Vanilla icon) at a glance, without having to read the text.

That said, it probably wouldn't be hard to find something more fitting.

• probably human

It sort of looks like a rose, if you only look at the black parts...

• I'm using Firefox on Ubuntu 11.04, and my tabs (except whichever one I'm currently looking at) are white text against dark gray (almost black) background. Which means that I don't always see the black part of the logo.

• No rainbow star
    I'm sure I could whip up a small bug for the favicon. It would make more sense than a cake
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

If you can, that would be awesome.

I could go grab a bug image off the internet somewhere, but the main trouble with this idea is that I'm not sure if the image is copyrighted or has other properties that might run us into trouble if we used that for our website.  I'd do this for an informal project of my own, but not for a publicly-viewed website.

• I always thought it was a crossed-out picture of a bug.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

I know it may seem a bit cliche to the web developers on this site, but can't we just use the bug icon from the Silk set?

• No rainbow star

If the Silk Set is copyrighted, then I'd imagine that would be an issue

• edited 2012-04-23 22:30:37
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Here's what the official page says about licensing:

I also love to hear of my work being used, feel encouraged to send an email with a link or screenshot of the icons in their new home to mjames  gmail  com. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License. This means you may use it for any purpose, and make any changes you like. All I ask is that you include a link back to this page in your credits (although a giant link on every page of your website really isn't needed, contact me to discuss specifics).

The icons can also be used under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License (Hi Debian folks!) with the following requirements:

As an author, I would appreciate a reference to my authorship of the Silk icon set contents within a readme file or equivalent documentation for the software which includes the set or a subset of the icons contained within.

So maybe it's not exactly a free lunch, but it can't be too hard to sort out...

We could stick it in the rules post.

Come to think of it, I still don't know where that lampshade with bugs picture comes from.

• No rainbow star

Eh, the favicon I'm making is almost done

How much longer?

• No rainbow star

That much longer

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Why don't we have a vote? I'll stick with my nomination for the Silk icon, if only because I personally think it looks better (sorry, Ica).

• I like the Silk icon, personally.

• No rainbow star

>.> I like it too. My icon would have looked similar but then Fus had to post it and now I can't just do that