If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

New New Super Mario Bros Announced

edited 2012-04-20 23:55:15 in IJAM

Yup, New Super Mario Bros. 2 for the 3DS.

That's pretty cool, I guess. I know the game will be good, but it does seem a bit bland after the creative masterpiece that was Kid Icarus: Uprising. I just hope the next console Mario will take a new directio-

HOLY SHIT MARIO CAN FLY AGAIN! THANK YOU NINTENDO!

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Sorry, nothing will ever beat the wing hat from Super Mario 64. That was the bestest best. 

• No rainbow star

Judging from the sparkles on the gold form, I'd say that it's a screencap of a frame of invincibility

• Another New Super Mario Bros.? For once, I'm gonna have to go with Yahtzee. At least Galaxy, Sunshine, and even 3D Land had different features and stuff. I can't imagine what New New Super Mario Bros. is really gonna do besides be a bunch of new levels.

But with Mario, that's all I need to be entertained.

• If that don't work, use more gun.

Hmm.  Not really sure on this.  The DS version and Wii version (in single player) were so boring to me with their lackluster level design and shallow gimmicks.  Might keep an eye on this one, but I think I might skip out.

• a little muffled

Oh, hey, a 3DS game I actually want. Not that I'll get a 3DS for the sake of it though.

• They're somethin' else.

Ah. I hope this is as challenging as the Wii version and not the cakewalk the DS game was.

• Ah. I hope this is as challenging as the Wii version and not the cakewalk the DS game was.

Ditto.

• Definitely not gay.

I'm not too hot on this, guys.

Everything in SM3D was intentional, including the nerf to the tanooki suit. The idea was to manipulate what the tanooki suit could do to master the gimmicks and complete the level. Bringing the flying back might make this even easier than NSMB for the DS.

• On one hand, they bring back a fan-favorite item that was gimped by the 3D Platformer format. On the other hand, it looks almost exactly the same as the first game, graphics and all. But hey, maybe this could be the beta version, but I'm holding out for more changes than this.